More drums needed

Maybe those rubber slappers would sound quite nice on some segmented walnut shells. "Sing Along" with Dave Matthews was from the same era iirc.

Went with the whole family to see them some years ago-they put on a good show. You can't have enough percussion.

"You can't have enough percussion!"

I want the tee-shirt!!!
dude.gif

Saw them in Vega$ a few times & their show is unreal. If you're motionless in your seat, it's because you're dead.

Remember when Tim Alexander was with them? That was an interesting career move for him I thought. I thought it was bold and showed a real desire to expand and grow as a musician. What's he up to these days anyhow?

Remember when Tim Alexander was with them? That was an interesting career move for him I thought. I thought it was bold and showed a real desire to expand and grow as a musician. What's he up to these days anyhow?

Not sure. He was back with Primus, then had a second heart attack last year and I think that's sidelined him for a bit. His site has been quiet of late.
I know he just had a kid not too long ago and might be taking this time to be with them.

Damnit, I didnt know that about his health, awful. I hope is doing well, sorry to hear that news. Crap

That aside, I hope hes doing better and all is well with the family. But damn

Thnx for info tho Commander

I think she did a decent job of lip synching.
I'm not so sure she's miming. There's a lot of inconsistencies in the vocal track that match her actions - the kind of inconsistencies that would never appear on a pre recorded vocal.

Not sure. He was back with Primus, then had a second heart attack last year and I think that's sidelined him for a bit. His site has been quiet of late.
I know he just had a kid not too long ago and might be taking this time to be with them.
That's tough to hear for someone who's so young :(

There was a point near the end where someone stared at her, mad a face or whatever and her mouth shape changed three times, but the sound stayed the same. Anyway, I love the song and performance.

I think she did a decent job of lip synching.

Gotta go with GruntersDad on this one. While like the tune, and admire the BMG for their innovation and talent, the whole performance had a whole "Celtic Women" feel to it.

And who can blame them? The technology exists to give the audience a perfect performance night after night with no fear of blown vocal chords or any major hiccups so why not use it?

And honestly, who notices or really knows any better other than some old curmudgeons like us? Lol

My inlaws can sit through HOURS of lip-synced performances and never once doubt that what they are hearing and seeing is a grand live performance that sounds "just like the record!" lol Heck, they don't even see an isssue with a vocalist jumping around like they are doing an aerobics workout without once skippng a beat or losing their breath....

Oh to be so numb....

Yeah, can you imagine, they have a Hall of Fame for something that is entirely scripted . I guess they have writers for their acceptance speeches.

"My acting coach and I would like to thank...."

Lol

Back