I love this site!!!

z3rolog1c

I'm new to this site and i absolutley love it. I have been playing for about two years and ive progressed very quickly. In other words, i love music more than food. i am a poor kid in a small town with a peace kit and borrowed cymbals. i need some advice on how to progress more. I have been called ridiculous by other drummers so i need some advanced stuff for my repitou. please help!!!

dude i know exactly how you feel. ive been playing for seven years and i have no idea why i never knew about this site. i dont get it. xD i love it too!! as far as progressing you are on the right track. its a long and arduous journey but its completely worth it every level you rise to, every wall you climb, every personal goal you fulfill. You will become your own musician and person. it will be amazing.

the first step is to find out what you want to know. clear up what the musician in you wants to obtain and go after it!

happy drumming :)

Welcome to DW!.
I dont know exactly where to start with advise.
Maybe you can be a little more specific as to what kind of advise you seek.

I guess I would say, try to play to the music that you like and if you know anyone who plays, or wants to play other instruments, try so set up some jam time.

Thats how I learned and I'm self taught.

Welcome! Hang around and ask questions. There are some very good and knowledgeable people on this site would be very happy to help you.

I have been called ridiculous by other drummers
That's always very sad to hear. Just as in life, most drummers are great, but you'll always find the odd idiot too. This is a cool place, & you're very welcome. Look through the different sections & search the threads. You'll find that many of your questions have already been asked & discussed. If there's something new, or very specific to you, ask a direct question in the relevant section. Be as detailed as possible, & you'll get detailed answers. The more you get involved, the more you'll get out of it. Enjoy!

Welcome!! Yes it is a cool place..But watch out .Time flies when you get in.......

Being called ridiculous is never a good feeling. Like being called absurd.

2 years into drumming is just the beginning and I hope the next 50 serve you well.

Welcome and do search before you ask new questions. The crowd here is great. They seem to forgive me every 3 months or so for some faux pas.

Good luck.

Welcome to Drummerworld my friend :)

You're already on the right track! If you have that burning desire to better yourself and continue there's no doubt you'll get to where you want, having that desire is the most important thing and it's nice to see you have that.

Hope you're well,

Kev

I think he meant that as a compliment that was said to him....? Anyway..
I felt the same way a year or two ago, amazing how much help I have gotten, all the great drummers i have found out about, and talked to! The best advise you can get when young i think is, (well two things)..

Listen and learn from every drummer and every style you can, as miles davis said " take the good stuff from music, leave to bad"

And try and figure out what kind of drummer you want to be, and then you won't be wasting your time learning licks and grooves you will just discard at a later stage. Your practice will all be focused on sounding a certain way. G'luck

I didn't pick that up. I thought it was an insult. Ok, oldfartdom strikes again.

Wy, your 3 months is nearly up!

Hey I have at least 6 weeks!!!!

By the way, the 2 weeks I thought I had on that pc only lasted 3 days. Sorry I could not hear more members play. I hope I was useful to those I did.

Welcome, Being called "Absurd" isn't the worst thing that has been said about my drumming over the years!
Just keep on practicing and learning and don't take everything that someone says about your playing to heart.

I meant when they called me ridiculous it was a compliment. I love funk drumming. Hi-hat work, ghost notes, and syncopation. i also love very intracit fills and beats. My friends say im a little too complex. but is that really a bad thing?

Welcome on board and enjoy it! We all love this site as much as you do.

I meant when they called me ridiculous it was a compliment. I love funk drumming. Hi-hat work, ghost notes, and syncopation. i also love very intracit fills and beats. My friends say im a little too complex. but is that really a bad thing?

I was only kidding mate. Welcome.

Back