gear4music awful service

StaggerLee

Silver Member
Gah! So 2 weeks ago I ordered some stuff and heads from gear4music, as I finally made the decision to move to Remo after being dissatisfied with the other brands. All the stuff I order is listed as in stock, I pay the money and it says it should take 2-3 days. Perfect as I need them that weekend. The first weird thing is it refuses to show up in my orders so I phone them up to make sure it had gone through. Thankfully it had, but when I ask when they think it will arrive they say "oohhh.... probably the 6th of June"!!!! Turns out the website lied and they don't have half the stock!
I got in contact with them a few days ago and was told 6th of june was my new estimated date of arrival. I now get a call to say they wont even have it in stock until the 13th of june!!!! That will mean over 3 weeks I will have had to wait for some heads! Utterly unacceptable when on their website they claimed it was in stock which was the reason for purchasing from them. Never again.
Sorry for the rant.

Go with GAK, they are the best of a bad bunch in the UK when it comes to online ordering. They have called me in the past when this has happened and I've changed my order. Next working day delivery as standard.

Give me a shop any day but they've all closed and the online companies hold the monopoly.

If you want truly crap service try returning something faulty under warranty to DrumShack in London. Bunch of arseholes

The best company I've found for drum heads is HW Music in Bolton.
They sell them on Amazon but you get a cheaper price by calling them directly.

I use Gear 4 Music a lot- sometimes their stock levels can misreport but I don't think it is intentional- they just have a massive amount of stuff in stock.

GAK can be good but their shipping is slower.

I use Gear 4 Music a lot- sometimes their stock levels can misreport but I don't think it is intentional- they just have a massive amount of stuff in stock.

Naah. In that case they should be honest on their site and say we have so much stuff and we're so unorganized, we don't know what's going on.
First debit the card then take forever to deliver, I absolutely hate when that happens and I never come back. After leaving a single star review if possible.

Unfortunate if their website was misleading. I believe two of their main warehouses are in Sweden and Germany, which might explain the delay.

Sometimes you get what you pay for and it's better paying a bit extra in giving your money solely to a UK business as at least they can give you updates over the phone, with people to speak to should there be an issue.

Graham Russsel Drums has a 10% off sale this weekend on Remo heads if you're able to cancel the order AND that works out cheaper. The code to use from Sat-Sunday according to an email I got today is: REMO10

If so I hope that helps.

Graham Russsel Drums has a 10% off sale this weekend on Remo heads if you're able to cancel the order AND that works out cheaper. The code to use from Sat-Sunday according to an email I got today is: REMO10

If so I hope that helps.

They're good. I ordered 3 x Evans UV1 heads on Friday and arrived very quickly. They had the best price around.

Have ordered from gear4music before with good experience. But if my experience was like StaggerLee's, I would have also decided to avoid them.

Another place I had an excellent experience with is Austin Lane, a good drummer himself and manager of absolutemusic in Bournemouth. Very, very efficient. In fact when I wanted to return a protection racket case for a different one, the courier collected and delivered at no return cost to me.

I have used GAK a lot, and never been let down. If the GAK site says they have it in stock then in my experience it is true. Next day service comes with the order.

If I need something by a certain date, I always call to check stock claim accuracy, irrespective of what product or what the website claims. If I can't speak to a real person, and get a timely response, my business goes elsewhere.

And obviously you can ring G4M. I do it quite often as I live in York where the warehouse is so can just pick stuff up.

There is no excuse for poor service, absolutely none.

But in case anybody is interested, here are some of the issues with selling online (something which I do).

1. The web store may not be integrated with the inventory system. For a small business, this is a big deal to have happen. In my case, it's just never going to happen.
2. In my store's case, if I manually set something to 'out of stock' it disappears from the web store until I flag it as being back in stock. I don't have time for that kind of overhead.

If I receive an order for something which is not physically in stock, I email the customer on the same day with a lead time and/or alternatives and an offer to refund if none of the options is satisfactory.

If I need something by a certain date, I always call to check stock claim accuracy, irrespective of what product or what the website claims. If I can't speak to a real person, and get a timely response, my business goes elsewhere.
Your consumer ethics mirror mine, Andy.

So today is the 13th of June, 3 weeks now. I phone them up asking for an update as I havent been told its been dispatched or anything. And?
"Oh we THOUGHT we had ordered in what you wanted, but turns out we didn't. It will likely be another 2-3 weeks before it arrives".
FOR ONE FU**ING DRUM HEAD THAT ISNT IN STOCK THAT THEY CLAIMED WAS IN STOCK!!!
Is it just me or is this outrageous? In the end I changed my order so I can at least have some heads tomorrow, not the ones I wanted but its enough to get me by. I will NEVER shop there again. Oh and no refund, nothing nice like that, I just got my shipping refunded which was pittance anyway.
Fuming.

Back