Yamaha Live Custom sound test

mbdrummer

Hi Everyone

Just a little snip of my new Yamaha Live custom,

I did it at my studio in London, I look forward to receiving your feedback.

Kind Regards
Mario

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNT7NHHxiM

I'd like to hear at different tunings. A higher tuning in particular on the smallest 2 toms.

Agree with this ^ as well....

It sounds like you are running your top heads really loose....like single ply loose sounding so I am getting mostly top head without much of the "drum" resonating......but I may be missing something....

I like 'em! Nice looking drum kit too.

I checked out some of your other videos. You're 10x the player I'll ever be. That said, it's all about enjoyment and getting better, right?

Cheers!

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how can you say the kit is nice looking? All I can see are the heads. I can't tell anything about the shells or what they look like that from the video. They look like dark black-ish shells. I can't tell a thing about what they look like from video.

I like 'em! Nice looking drum kit too.

I checked out some of your other videos. You're 10x the player I'll ever be. That said, it's all about enjoyment and getting better, right?

Cheers!

I have 2 opinions on your video.

- I also think your toms are tuned too loose

- I also think you're one hell of a drummer; loved your playing, bud

I have 2 opinions on your video.

- I also think your toms are tuned too loose

- I also think you're one hell of a drummer; loved your playing, bud

This better represents my comments....

I was remiss in my earlier comment to not mention the OP's playing, solid, very solid, nice and relaxed, nice job bud.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how can you say the kit is nice looking? All I can see are the heads. I can't tell anything about the shells or what they look like that from the video. They look like dark black-ish shells. I can't tell a thing about what they look like from video.

I was talking about the drum kit as a whole - cymbals and all. I can see enough to tell that it's nice drum kit.

I wouldn't mind a Live Custom or Tour Custom set, myself. I've got one entry level and one intermediate Yamaha kit at the moment. The Recording Custom kits are supposed to be nice too.

Really nice sounding drums, and great playing. I don't use as many cymbals as you, but love the ergonomics of your setup, everything in a perfect place.

Nice playing,and the piece you played really featured the drums themselves.I got to play ,tune and rehearse on an oak custom ,I tuned them a little higher than yours,yours are the lowest tuned Oaks I have heard,but I thought they sounded good.

Back