Need advice on integrating two electric pads into my set>>>

oldjoe38

Want to utilize my roland td6 into my acoustic set and can't think of a good way to mount them. Want to have the two pads to the left of my hats and maybe throw the kick pad on the ground too...

Looks like the pads fit on a tom stand, just make sure the arm fits the hole.

A double tom holder, with the right sized L-arm, or a double boom cymbal holder, should work, for pad holding.​
To add a kick, I like the KD-7, very compact (will fit almost anywhere) .... extremely portable, and not heavy​

Attachments

• kd-7.jpg
    kd-7.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 698
I do this with my Yamaha kit.

I keep the Mod to my left next to my mixer and just prop them up on the case I keep them all in. It's a little low and out of reach, but it's fine for now.

As far as the places I mount my pads, I tend to change them for the gig. If I need extra snares, shakers or what-have-you I mount two pads to the left of my snare, and maybe one over my floor tom (see pic below)

Right now, I use a hybrid kit for an industrial band, and I have two pads in place of my rack toms, and one to the left of my hats as an extra snare.

201109-NickMason-021.jpg

I do this with my Yamaha kit.

I keep the Mod to my left next to my mixer and just prop them up on the case I keep them all in. It's a little low and out of reach, but it's fine for now.

As far as the places I mount my pads, I tend to change them for the gig. If I need extra snares, shakers or what-have-you I mount two pads to the left of my snare, and maybe one over my floor tom (see pic below)

Right now, I use a hybrid kit for an industrial band, and I have two pads in place of my rack toms, and one to the left of my hats as an extra snare.

201109-NickMason-021.jpg

That's ultimately what im thinking. two pads on a double tom stand to the left of my hats. I just now need to figure out a good way to mount the td6 module?? i also have a 8 channel mixer that goes on that side when i play for backing tracks, click, and monitoring so im pushed for space over there..

Also, any suggestions on how to mount the td6 module?

Here's how I did it. Go to the hardware store and buy a 1.5"x12" sink pipe. They come in chrome. Use a rack multi-clamp to attach the pipe to your hi-hat stand (or whichever). Use the existing Roland clamp to mount the module to the pipe. Works like a charm.

Roland pads will fit on any 10.5 mm L-rods.

Here's how I did it. Go to the hardware store and buy a 1.5"x12" sink pipe. They come in chrome. Use a rack multi-clamp to attach the pipe to your hi-hat stand (or whichever). Use the existing Roland clamp to mount the module to the pipe. Works like a charm.

Roland pads will fit on any 10.5 mm L-rods.

Youre saying the module with its attached clamp on the underside of the module will fit perfectly in a 1.5x12 sink pipe?

I would recommend checking out Bill Bruford's website and take a look at his past set-ups. He knows how to incorporate electronics into his kits. I got some idea's from there too, when building my electronic hybrid, but then I deconstructed it. Maybe one day I'll build it back up again!!!

Here is website http://www.billbruford.com/

Back