Pedal questions, Tama, DW.

gbftats

I dont have a music store any where near me that sells drum gear, so i dont have the opportunity to try out any pedals.

Im currently play the stock tama pedal that comes with the swingstar kit. Im looking at the iron cobra and the Dw 5000/9000.

How would you compare the DW to the Iron Cobra?
How does the Dw 5000 differ from 9000 in terms of feel?

The Tama IC and the DW pedals are all excellent.

DW5000 and 9000 feel very similar. Smooth and very adjustable.

Check out the DW8000 pedals. The offer almost all of the features of the 9000 at a better price.

If you're brand particular in terms of having all your hardware from the same company, then go with the Iron Cobra. It won't let you down.

I own the 9000 and briefly played the Iron Cobra. The 9000 feels slightly smoother to me, but not enough to justify the price difference. More importanly, the 9000 suffers from one major design flaw in that the springs are on the inside of the post. For me, this makes it difficult to use "heel-toe".

Go to youtube and search "jared falk pedal review" and you will see a rather lengthy review of several double pedals. Including DW and IC.

I own the 9000 and briefly played the Iron Cobra. The 9000 feels slightly smoother to me, but not enough to justify the price difference. More importanly, the 9000 suffers from one major design flaw in that the springs are on the inside of the post. For me, this makes it difficult to use "heel-toe".
The spring setup on the 9000's is genius. Makes it more independant. If you use heel-toe, why not switch to a long board? The 9000's put the ic's to shame if you know how to properly tweak them.

I played the IC's at length a few weeks back and I agree that the 9000's are smoother. My point was that there was a big price difference between the two at the time of the original post. I think I recently saw some 9000's somewhere for 499.00. At that price I would definitely choose the DW's. As far as the spring placement on the DW, I feel that it takes away a playing option that some may prefer. I would love to see a longboard on the 9000.

Hello, guys.
I haven't been here for ages, lord...
I came up with a decission to buy my own double pedal finally.
And I can't decide between Pearl Eliminator and Tama HP-910 LSW Speed Cobra.
I'm into rock/metal music, so I need to have pretty fast bass drum work, you know. My feet are weak, so I'd like to improve them too, and I've been told that Tama HP-910 LSW Speed Cobra is much cooler than Pearl E., yet I'd like to hear more of opinions. I'd appreciate some from you, guys.
Thank you in advance.

Back