Can we please agree that this is the most amazing drum cover ever?

Definitely not the best drum cover ever.........

Hes pretty good, not as phenomenal as you seem to think. Nothing really blew me away in that video. There's a lot better out there. Also, it kind of makes me sick the way people idolize this guy, when there are guys on youtube who are twice the drummer he is, who are getting less than one thousand views.

So in conclusion, I guess I don't agree that it's the most amazing drum cover.......

Not sure if it was the best cover ever but it was very, very well done. I'm not sure if it was the drums of the fact that it's a great song.

Not sure if it was the best cover ever but it was very, very well done. I'm not sure if it was the drums of the fact that it's a great song.

Both.

Definitely not the best drum cover ever.........

Hes pretty good, not as phenomenal as you seem to think. Nothing really blew me away in that video. There's a lot better out there. Also, it kind of makes me sick the way people idolize this guy, when there are guys on youtube who are twice the drummer he is, who are getting less than one thousand views.

So in conclusion, I guess I don't agree that it's the most amazing drum cover.......

Who's better than him? I'm not trying to argue, I'd just like to know. Plus, did you see those double bass/cymbal crossovers during the bridge? And the fact that the whole thing except that is improvised! That's pretty impressive.

I went on youtube saw that he had new videos up on my subscription watched all the new ones and im blown away. he is amazing.

I am not even going to watch. I have Jojo Mayer. Nuff' Said.

That was pretty damn good. Right in the pocket. I have never heard of him and I thank you for the post. I think people should keep thier ears open and really listen cuz this (Cobus) guy is right on point.

"Greatest ever" will obviously be a matter of opinion but I've got to thank 805 for introducing him to me. I'd never seen Cobus before and found him quite enjoyable to watch along with many of his videos.

He does tend to get quite high ratings as well.

To Tidge and others disagreeing: this is the perfect forum for spreading the word of others so if you have someone in mind that you like better than please post it.

The clip I have probably watched most is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xglvBageLfk&feature=related

Yea he's quite good. I saw his DMB covers and was impressed, and it looks like he's been practicing and he's definitely gotten better since then. Good find, didnt know he made a new vid.

He messed up slightly in a few parts but overall very good, his covers are enjoyable.

He also needs to get bigger crashes.. Those 16s record nice but lack a bit of wash and depth :)

I am not even going to watch. I have Jojo Mayer. Nuff' Said.

Amen.
but considering that Jojo and most of the other famous guys are clearly not human, i think we can out the youtube drummers in a different category.

I'm kinda biased because i hate this song, but nothing impressed me in this video, i didn't like it.

however, he was clearly having great fun, and had good showmanship and all that, so props or whatever.

CHECK VADRUM OUT <3

He's a very good drummer. Yet I think he tends to overplay. Not much, just a little bit.

Really...Drum Cover? Never heard of a drum cover but for arguments sake lets just analyze his playing.

-It's obvious he has chops
-It's obvious he has some experience and likes playing
-it's also obvious that he is very young in terms of his playing and decision making.
-from what I saw he doesn't understand pocket or how to get into one.

Now this guy could be a fabulous player if he puts the time in I would think.
All and I mean all young guys with chops play to the top of their ability from the start of said song. They don't usually show any patience when it comes to developing a tune. They just throw it all out there for everyone to see and they want all their licks in the first half of said song. The guy sounds like he plays from lick to lick and idea to idea....like someone who knows what they are going to play before they play it.

just my thoughts

Cory

Good little player, he obviously takes his playing seriously. Certainly agree with the below, he has yet to develop sensitivity, the artistic side of the instrument. He has the understanding to develop that if he wants to.

As for the concept of the 'drum cover', i'm not so sure, where it's in the context of blowing off a load of chops over the top of a song. Why not write a percussion/bass track instead. And that Umbrella song is an abomination.

Back