Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute - Good Deal (I know, I know, sorry)

?uesto

Silver Member
Hey guys, I wanted your input as this almost seems too good a deal, based on my limited knowledge of Yamaha products and my inability to see these drums in person.

He's asking $1,400.

What we have though is a four piece Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute kit in the following sizes:

8x10
8x12
14x14
16x20

The kit comes with a cymbal stand, snare stand, bags for the drums, a throne, extra brand new bass drum head, and an extra hoop, tom holder, and floor tom legs. Here's a picture of the kit. (I can include more if you'd like)

IMAG0018.jpg

Good deal. I was gonna sell my same kit a few months ago and was asking $1600 so its probably about right. Offer $1300 and see what happens. Great kit.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Try asking for a lower price and see what happens.

They are definitely great sounding drums. Do it!

I'd go for it, offering $200-300 less to start if there was a matching snare included. Looks lost without it. Nice though.

I think these dsys a pricing around 1100-1200 would be more realicstic. The tom sizes are great. The kick misses the power of an 18" but if this is the kit you want buy it and dont wait.

Please exaggerate about the power of an 18". I need to know your opinion as I have this exact kit sizes but the older Maple Custom. Not Absolute.

This ad is still lingering around on CL and it's been a few months now. Unless you're going for the Maple Custom, Get It Fast!

Please exaggerate about the power of an 18". I need to know your opinion as I have this exact kit sizes but the older Maple Custom. Not Absolute.

The 18" kick will flat out knock you to the floor if you're not careful. If playing near windows, make sure they're covered so the air blast doesn't break them. Make sure to just barely touch the pedal lightly, with just the tip of your shoe, until you learn to control the awesomely massive power of the beastly 18" kick drum.

Ha ha - is that exaggerated enough for you?

There is nothing wrong with Nouveau lugs in the right application (ie: anything but snare).

Please tell me the difficulties that are associated with the Nouveau lugs on the Yamaha Maple custom Absolute snare drums. I've only had mine for about three and a half years, but don't have the time to sit and stare at it for anticipation of something to run amuck, lol.

I really haven't heard or experienced any problems.

DSC_0081-1-1.jpg

Dennis

Please tell me the difficulties that are associated with the Nouveau lugs on the Yamaha Maple custom Absolute snare drums. I've only had mine for about three and a half years, but don't have the time to sit and stare at it for anticipation of something to run amuck, lol.

I really haven't heard or experienced any problems.

I've heard the occasional anecdotal evidence that lugs occasionally break on snare drums due to the much higher tensions they are subjected to in that use.

My primary rental kit is a YMCAN kit (minus the snare), and I've had no broken lugs at all.

Being able to rapidly change heads on a rental kit is a wonderful advantage, since it happens way more often than it normally would on a privately owned kit.

Before my starclassic set I had a yamaha stage custom advantage Nouveau, and after 9 years I only got 1 broken lug on the bass drum! As long as you find a replacement lug, you will be fine because breaking lugs do no damage to the shells..

Remember, there are the metal Nouveau lugs, and the nylon. I have heard of issues with the black nylon, but not the metal ones. They feel pretty solid, but I can speak from a longevity stand point.

Back