MAPEX V SIERES????

Mapexmadness1

i have 1 of these bad boys pretty cheap but decent for when the money was tight!!!

any way, i was just wanting to know if any body has a set?/ what do u think of them? how do they sound for you??

i dont think the toms are very good but its grand...whats your views??

Mapex V series was the first proper kit I ever bought, was a massive step up from the Session Pro drums I had before!

I actually bought my V series kit in a limited edition finish which makes the drums look a hell of a lot more expensive than they actually were. Mapex in general do this with a lot of their kits which is one thing I like about them :)

I always thought my kit sounded great apart from the kick which always sounded a little dead on the stock heads but I swapped them over to proper remo's and the sound improved tenfold. I actually still own my V series to this day, my late grandmother was actually the one who bought it for me so it has immense sentimental value if nothing else. I do use it from time to time however I usually lend it out to friends if they need it.

I got my kit sounding EXTREMELY good but I had to invest almost as much in heads as I did in the kit itself.

I put clear emperors on top of the toms, ambassadors on the bottom. A Remo Emperor X or a Controlled Sound head on the snare and a powerstroke 3 on the bass drum. I do use a standard Mapex (taken off my slightly higher-end Pro-M's) resonant head on the bass but it has been portholed which makes it a little more boomy!

Heads and taking the time to tune it properly do make a hell of a difference when it comes to drums in general but especially cheap kits.

yeah iv an empire X on the snare with coated ambassadors on the toms

still need to get a bass head, maybe the superkick 2 ...not too sure

i found a black panther on www.thomann.de for like 129 sterling pounds!!! pretty cheap just waiting for it to arrive

me thinks i will sell the drums for 100 sterling and buy a set of the gretch cad mod.black widow!!! looks and sounds so wonderfull

Back