Snare vent hole position- marketing?

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
I noticed on several of my snare drums that the badge/vent hole are all located in the same location at 9 o'clock if the throw off is facing my belt buckle.

Perhaps for visual marketing if drum is placed in a 'standard' location on a right handed kit?
or merely coincidence...

No. I'm sure there's some mathematical and philosophical reason for them being where they are. after all, you're paying for the extra attention to detail.

Well, okay. Thanks for that!

My Stage Custom toms have two vent holes and two badges per drum. that way the badge is facing the audience no matter which way they're mounted.

Yeah, I'm a lefty and those hanging toms always have a lefty badge plonked on the other side so I can advertise their wares
Crafty buggers.

I think it may just be easier for them if that's the way their machines are set up. As you can tell, you can put those grommets anywhere.

10671457_778436302230990_4356630952335829904_n.jpg

My Stage Custom toms have two vent holes and two badges per drum. that way the badge is facing the audience no matter which way they're mounted.

I have a 14" Mapex tom that's like this. No matter how you orient the drum, you've got MAPEX in your face!

I've always got my snare turned so you can see the Ludwig logo. I also just bought a B/O Ludwig badge to put on an old Ludwig tom that's missing its badge.

I want people to know what my kit is for two reasons.

1. If a drummer in the audience is into old Ludwigs it invites them to talk to me.

2. It prevents other drummers from ever mistaking my kit for a Pearl or some other brand I don't like!

Back