Dear Pro-Mark Drumsticks

3rd Wheel

Hello,

What is this new Project 151 campaign about? Is it introducing newer, better quality drumsticks? Also, with the new advancements in regards to QC, will the new wave of sticks be sent in different packaging letting the consumer know these brand new as of 2013? I'd really like to come on back home to Pro-Mark!

Just GoogleD it. Prolly should have done that first. This is AWESOME news!! Can't wait for the new generation of sticks to be released!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I just wanted to get you some information about the Project 151 program we are in the midst of. We setup a survey application to be part of Promark's First social media based beta testing program. We select 151 players to test a new line of sticks we are coming out with. Each participaint will be given 5 social media based mission to complete for prizes. We had an overwelleming response from the drumming community and are so excited to get underway. The application program closed last week and the 151 have been choosen. You can track the progress of the project using #project151. Like i mentioned, this is the 1st test program Promark has ever done like this , so there will certainly be more to come in the future.

Thanks for your interest and if you have further questions please feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

Thanks again!

Looks like they are trying out some new processes for making the sticks, maybe some new finish. Comes with an Evans head too, so maybe feedback on that too.

Wasn't aware of this before the post, but it would be fun to participate and test the new stuff out.
I was a tester for the Sabian OMNI a few years ago. It was a pretty cool thing to be involved in.

Edit: haha! An official post was done while I was looking it up, and typing a comment.... :p

All this "confidential" talk on the materials is kind of confusing, but I'm going to assume that it's okay to tell people about what the concept of the project is (since I'm participating in it)...? Just want some clarification on this :)

Interesting,
A friend of mine is one of these 151 testers and he did a gig with the sticks & head last night. Wasn't sure what it was all about till now.

Well, the head is just a branded G1, but I figure I'll talk about the sticks themselves since I already posted about them elsewhere.

The sticks are part of a new "Select Balance" line from Pro-Mark. They come in five diameters and also have two different "balances" for each stick, a forward and a rebound (back) balance. As far as I can tell, the only difference between them is the taper, but it's a pretty big difference. They sent me 5Bs in both balances and it's certainly apparent that one gives you more control and a slightly lighter touch, and one gives you more weight in the front to use as a lever. I like the forward balance, personally, just because I prefer to get the control from my hands and have a full weight available for dynamic extremes.

The wood tips also sound really good. Better (for me) than most others I've tried, save for maybe my Vater West Sides, but I haven't tried this type of tip before just due to my aversion to its appearance.

Plus the new logo and packaging is really tremendous. Perfect execution and modernization of their brand, and some great typeface choices.

All in all, I'm excited about these sticks. I should have some videos up within a week or two, but for now, you can find some photos on my Instagram (@lampwhisperer).

#project151

I'm also another one of the 151 beta testers. I've had a LOT of fun testing these out, and actually learned a lot in the process, as far as qualities I like in a stick go.

I'm generally a Pro-Mark 747 Rock hickory guy, but I may switch to the Select Balance 5As until they make separate forward and rebound (check the videos, it'll make sense) balance versions of the 747!

I made 5 videos chronicling the whole testing process, and they're all here in this YouTube playlist: #project151 missions

Way to go D'Addario, with both the Evans Level 360 redesign and the Promark Select Balance line!

#project151

Last edited:
Are there any plans to roll the Select Balance versions out for anything other than the most popular models (7A, 5A, 5B, 2B)? I would love separate forward and rebound balance models of the 747.

Back