Please, show me your "jazz" kit... or small kit...

here's my brand new Gretsch Catalina Club Mod kit:

PICT1260.jpg

PICT1261.jpg

14"x6.5" snare, 12"x9" rack tom, 16"x14" floor tom, and 22"x20" bass drum

Here's my new baby.

Ludwig Classic Maple. 14x5 snare, 12x8 rack tom, 14x14 floor tom, 20x14 kick.

Attachments

• IMG_7389.JPG
    IMG_7389.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 4,559
Here's my new baby.

Ludwig Classic Maple. 14x5 snare, 12x8 rack tom, 14x14 floor tom, 20x14 kick.

Now, that's a terrific looking set of drums. I love the wrap. If it was mine, I would change just one little item.

Dennis

What would that be?

Well, that's why I didn't mention it because I wasn't completely sure by your pictures. For a kit the drum sizes of yours and that's probably the exact sizes I would buy, I would have gotten "Mini-Classic Lugs" on the kit. Maybe that's what you have. For the 22", 13", 16" configuration I'd probably go for the "Classic Lugs". Just my preference and minute detail.

How's she sounding for you?

Dennis

Well, that's why I didn't mention it because I wasn't completely sure by your pictures. For a kit the drum sizes of yours and that's probably the exact sizes I would buy, I would have gotten "Mini-Classic Lugs" on the kit. Maybe that's what you have. For the 22", 13", 16" configuration I'd probably go for the "Classic Lugs". Just my preference and minute detail.

How's she sounding for you?

Dennis

Oh, it sounds great. I even think it improved my playing overnight. :)

It's quite possible I do have the regular size lugs on it. What are size are the "mini-classic" lugs as opposed to the regular size?

Here's my 16" floor tom converted as a bass drum using the Gibraltar / Dunnett R-Class conversion kit which I received the day I took the pictures. Toms are 10" & 13", my Acrolite w/ my custom rimclick wedge and Istanbul Mehmet 13" hats and 21" Custom dry ride.

I need to get a 16" fiberskyn amb as reso though.

100_1886.jpg

100_1890.jpg

What is that wood snare rim attachment called? Instead of buying all wood rims.. i think this will be a much cheaper addition. thanx

Back