Saddened By The News Of Bob Welch's Passing

Bruce M. Thomson

Gold Member
His period in Fleetwood Mac is my favorite body of work from that band; he actually saved the band from disappearing after the departure of Peter Green. The most familiar album would be "It's A Mystery To Me" but on Future Games you really get a sense of where he was taking the band. Here is a link to his song Hypnotised if you have never heard his playing for you to check out.

http://youtu.be/8yA2i60AVIw

Last edited:
Welch's later solo version of Sentimental Lady is probably one of the best tunes of the 1970s. Thanks to Lindsey Buckingham's magic touch.

Sad to hear his death. Even worse is that some moron doctor(s) told him his health would only get worse after his spinal surgery. Gloom and doom. Some encouragement, huh? Typical of most in the medical field in the US. Get everyone on drugs, unnecessary surgeries, etc. It's sad. Take care of your health. Exercise, veggies fruits. You know what to do. Personal responsiblity. Peace..

Here's the link to the Fleetwood Mac rendition of Sentimental Lady....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvCUJgnVg3o

This song is such an iconic symbol of the 70's for me. Mr. Welch, you will be missed, even by those who didn't think they knew you...

Ya, lots of musicians lost this year...Ronnie Montrose, Levon Helm, Whitney Houston...and now Bob Welch. He had a great smoky sound and I liked his stuff with Fleetwood, though I don't know it as well as the rest of their work. Death always sad but we are only here for so long.

Welch's later solo version of Sentimental Lady is probably one of the best tunes of the 1970s. Thanks to Lindsey Buckingham's magic touch.

Sad to hear his death. Even worse is that some moron doctor(s) told him his health would only get worse after his spinal surgery. Gloom and doom. Some encouragement, huh? Typical of most in the medical field in the US. Get everyone on drugs, unnecessary surgeries, etc. It's sad. Take care of your health. Exercise, veggies fruits. You know what to do. Personal responsiblity. Peace..

Yes, I hear what you are saying here. (as I continue to smoke almost a pack of cigs a day).

Maybe Welch figured if the prognosis is certain death and agonizing pain until that day, wouldn't it be better to release himself from this pain rather than spending his life savings on keeping himself alive for another 3 to 6 months?

Back