The feel of a 26' kick....

I own a 26x16 and a 28x16 and I love them both. The only downsides for me are cases, my 26 case was super expensive, and I can't seem to find a hardcase for the 28x16 only smaller marching depths. Also I'm still waiting since I ordered a 28" Aquarian Regulator reso head 5 months ago haha. However its worth the extra space and pains with cases and heads for me since I love the sound and power!!

If you like the 26, and are used to it, the 24 will just seem more contained and tighter/punchier in the sound and feel on the pedal.

That's what it feels like to me anyway.

I have a 14x24 and it's always sounded kick ass.

My main kick for the last several years has been a 20x26, and I love that size (case size & price tag excluded of course :) ).

I also have 16 & 18x26's which are cool (and 16 & 20x28).

The 18 x26 is great, and the 2" depth over the 16 really makes a difference--but I prefer the 20" deep shell because of the really nice balance of attack and tone I get.
I also pretty much like ANY size kick (if its a good quality shell) with the 20" depth.
I don't know what it is, but the 20" shell depth (for me anyway) is the magic size, even down to a 20x20.

Back