Help Determine Asking Price for Mint Condition Yamaha Stage Custom

gtb

I'm looking to sell my Yamaha Stage Custom drum kit, and would like to ask for suggestions on asking price for the following items.

The drums were made in Indonesia around 2003 and they are in near perfect condition. The cymbals are used but only scratched on the surface, no hint of cracks anywhere on them.

I would like to sell the kit in the following 'blocks':

- Drum Kit Includes: (1) 22" Bass Drum with standard issue Yamaha Pedal, (2) 12" & 13" Rack Toms, (1) 16" Floor Tom, (1)14" Steel Snare, (1) Snare stand, (1) Hi-Hat stand, (1) Ride stand. All drums fitted with standard issue heads, and cymbals not included.
[drum kit details]
Model Number SFT-616
Series Stage Custom
Shell Material Birch/Mahogany/Falkata
Plys/Thickness 8
Shell Width 16"
Shell Depth 16"
Finishes Chestnut Stain, Forest Green, Sapphire Blue, Raven Black, Marina Green, Cranberry Red
Hoop Steel, Triple Flange
Lug Chrome/Single Hi-Tension

- One Pacific By DW DP402 Double Bass Drum Pedal (see an identical here: http://www.samash.com/pacific-by-dw-dp402-double-bass-drum-pedal-ddp402xxx ).

- Cymbals (without stands):
- 14" Zildjian A Custom New Beat Hi-Hats
- 18" Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash
- 8" A Custom Fast Splash
- 13" ZXT China

If you can suggest prices for these 'lots' I would appreciate your help very much. Pictures at the bottom:

Thank you!
gtb

pics:

gallery:
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/vx4tscqqfu6jq757lowt562vrm6se9da

Hi there. First off, I own a set of Stage Customs from this exact time period, just so you understand that when I give you this price, I'm not telling you you have a horrible set of drums. They are good drums.

However, even for "like new" older Stage Customs like this, you have to keep in mind the consumer has the option to go pick up a brand new set of 100% birch Stage Customs, brand new, for about $650.

So with stands, pedal, cymbals, and everything, top price you're likely to get is about $500, and more likely about $400.

One little thing you can do to add just a scoche of eye value to the kit would be to turn the bass logo head right side up. Then it looks like it was kept in immaculate warehouse shape all that time.

Bets of luck.

That $650 price for new Stage Custom Birch is for the shell pack. The kit with hardware is $899, but if you check around, you can find them for 15% off one place or another almost every day.

Still, the drums in question are almost 11 years old - but very nice condition it looks like.

Someone looking for a first kit would probably want the whole thing. Someone looking for a second or third kit might only want the shell pack - maybe without the snare.

There's a couple things you could try to determine where to price them. Check completed listings on ebay. You could also look up what the price was new on each piece, and start out at about 50% of that price.

Is this a FS thread in disguise?

I'd keep the hardware and sell the shell pack for 250-350. You won't get much... might be better off keeping them.

Back