Drumming cartoons

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
As some of you will know, I make cartoons. I thought it might be fun to add some drumming cartoons periodically. The conversations here provide plenty of grist for the mill :)

yarts_musical-technique.jpg

If you draw, or know of, any fun drumming cartoons by all means post them.

Oh, and I take requests and that includes doing a caricature of you (need a photo, of course).

Be warned, guys... caricatures are NEVER flattering!

If you have a big nose or ears or chin - they will be ginormous. If you have little squinty eyes, they will be noticeably littler and squintier. If you have crazy hair you will have a fuzzball on your head. If your hair is scraggy and looks like pubic hair ... beware :)

If you have the nerve, by all means pass me a decent-sized photo you'd like it based on. My email is on my profile.

Oh Polly, please deluge this barren parched dry humourless landscape with your life giving cartoons! You could elevate your status to one of the genius cartooning minds of our generation. A couple of suggestions...

Bobdadrumma with his tractor (wearing a seatbelt, of course!)
Aydee scrambling for a flown drumstick
Wy and his flat full o' drums
Our sweet Monica McCoy in black leather whipping someone, and humiliating them. (she really surprises me with some of the stuff she says)

Any other requests? Let's give Polly some ideas!

Oh Polly, please deluge this barren parched dry humourless landscape with your life giving cartoons! You could elevate your status to one of the genius cartooning minds of our generation. A couple of suggestions...

Our sweet Monica McCoy in black leather whipping someone, and humiliating them. (she really surprises me with some of the stuff she says)

Steamer playing heavy metal with a ride cymbal the size of a small planet.
Average playing the money beat in a jackson tribute band.
Bernhard relaxing on the Swiss coast with Steve Gadd.
Deathmetalconga playing death metal conga.
Diosdude playing a 4 piece.
Bermuda in a Tobleronesque style setting.

Oh poor Polly, what to pick from...
Andy those made me lol
Poor Pol aint feeling so well, and we're heaping all this work on her....
But I REALLY want to see...
I can't say here ha ha sorry

LOL - those verbal cartoons are so funny, I'm not sure I could make the cartoons any funnier.

Most of them made me laugh. This one had me on apoplexy: Steamer playing heavy metal with a ride cymbal the size of a small planet. I think leather and studs would have to be involved. Certainly a line of eyebrow piercings.

Bob wearing a seatbelt and Bernhard relaxing with Steve Gadd - LOL!

Here's one that was inspired by forum conversations as a homage to the great artist and album cover designer, Jim Flora:

yarts_musical-appreciation.jpg

Hahahahahahaaaaa. Superb Poll. I'm certainly not going to submit any of my pictures!!! Larry & I have discussed a few contentious toons for your list. They're way too meaty for these pages though. I'm glad we have some seriously warped individuals on this forum.

Ta Andy. I kept experimenting with the eyeball to capture - as I like to think of it - Frank's "quietly sardonic" aspect. The muse was not with me so I settled. I think I captured his beard, though ... his fiancee's gunna love that :)

I interpret you your comment as "Please talk me into sending you a photo for a caricature" (the gentleman doth protest too much). Shoot it over, by all means. Promise I'll be gentle ... ish

Hahahaha, I love it. My wife says the beard is not even exaggerated :-D. Thanks a lot Polly!

Ah, wife not fiancée. Sorry Frank. Your wife sounds like a good woman :)

If you'd like a bigger version, let me know and I'll email it. It's in vector format so the only limitation on enlargement is file size and the extra detail exposing the sloppy bits (a bit like drumming in that sense).

Glad you like it. You never know with these things. There's always the risk with these things that the subject will not be amused ...

Thanks Abe. I was a bit worried about mixing genres - hair and beard - a bit like mixing electropop and blues. Ooh, there's an idea for a new genre - electroblues! (or have 10,000 people already done it and I didn't notice?)

Frank, you're a fabulous subject - hip, brave, a good sport ... and then there's The Beard :)

Hey that's good!

GJS

Dang! I play with traditional grip! That could be me for cripes sake's! (I like it)

I wish I had a good rock shot, but sadly these last 20 years or so haven't produced any. Not real high on the priority list apparently... might have to do something about that.

I interpret you your comment as "Please talk me into sending you a photo for a caricature" (the gentleman doth protest too much). Shoot it over, by all means. Promise I'll be gentle ... ish
Noooo, genuinely, nooooo. I don't need a caricature, I'm animated enough as it is. Perhaps many years ago when I could bathe in my own magnificence, now I'm merely a ledgend in my own bathtime!

Back