Useful site

Nice, I checked some known song BPMs on it, and it's right! Except it doesn't do fractional BPMs, it errs to the lower whole number. But it's certainly accurate otherwise!

Make sure you type the exact name of the song, including any apostrophes, apparently no fuzzy logic in the site's search. It finds Molly's Chambers, but not Mollys Chambers.

Bermuda

That's sweet, thanks.

My band is working on some mash ups from our song list and this is very helpful when trying to pair up songs with roughly the same tempo....thanks for posting this!

Nice, I checked some known song BPMs on it, and it's right! Except it doesn't do fractional BPMs, it errs to the lower whole number. But it's certainly accurate otherwise!

Do you mean if the song has tempo changes it lists both the tempos, for example I typed in My favorite accident by Motion city soundtrack, which has a different tempo for the intro and bridge, then the verse and the chorus

like this

http://songbpm.com/#!motion-city-soundtrack/my-favorite-accident

thanks thats pretty cool. next time my band members wanna argue over the wrong tempo, i can quote them the original one.

Do you mean if the song has tempo changes it lists both the tempos,

I would think multiple listings indicate high and low BPMs. So I tested that with tracks I recorded where I know the tempo varies - or that deliberately have at least 2 different tempos - and only got one listing for those entries. So, I don't know for sure what the extra listings indicate. :(

Bermuda

Cool site. Will come in handy for one of my cover bands. Thanks!

I would think multiple listings indicate high and low BPMs. So I tested that with tracks I recorded where I know the tempo varies - or that deliberately have at least 2 different tempos - and only got one listing for those entries. So, I don't know for sure what the extra listings indicate. :(

Bermuda

I think the multiple listings are for different versions of the song, a few songs I typed in had 5 even 7 listings, all of about the same tempo, but I noticed some had different sources.
I suspect that the site either listens to that version of the song and works out avarage tempo, or more likely just take information from sources and desplays them all for you to see them.

however, listings that have 2 tempos, one at abour 190 and then 130 confuse me since its the same song

Back