Want to Change Custom Ludwig Order

B-squared

Silver Member
I ordered a 5-piece Ludwig Classic Maple shell pack a couple weeks ago. I thought I had ordered it just right, but a I was reading over what I had on the invoice, I noticed that I had ordered 2 of the toms an inch shorter than I wanted - the diameter was fine. (8x12 and 9x13 instead of 9x12 and 10x13). I know they haven't gone to production yet and I called the shop I ordered them from and the owner said he would see if he could get the order changed, but he had never had it happen before.

Has anyone else had this happen or know someone who has? I hope I can tweak the order - I paid about 67% down and I will gladly pay any increased costs.

I ordered a 5-piece Ludwig Classic Maple shell pack a couple weeks ago. I thought I had ordered it just right, but a I was reading over what I had on the invoice, I noticed that I had ordered 2 of the toms an inch shorter than I wanted - the diameter was fine. (8x12 and 9x13 instead of 9x12 and 10x13). I know they haven't gone to production yet and I called the shop I ordered them from and the owner said he would see if he could get the order changed, but he had never had it happen before.

Has anyone else had this happen or know someone who has? I hope I can tweak the order - I paid about 67% down and I will gladly pay any increased costs.

I would try emailing, or calling Ludwig yourself. Lets see what Bermuda says...

Seems to me this situation is totally beyond the control of us on forum. What happens or doesn't happen depends totally on you, your dealer, and Ludwig. Whatever experience or opinion a forum has matters not a whit...

What you do in situations like this is make a phone call to the dealer who placed the order for you, and/or to the manufacturer. You probably don't know who at Ludwig you should talk to, so you ask the person at reception who you should speak to to modify a custom order.

Thanks for chiming in with good advice Todd. Rereading my previous response, I sounded kind of rude and didn't mean to, I just had no idea what I could say that would help. I'm glad you had something.

If they haven't started making them, then I see no reason why the order couldn't be changed. But get on to them quick smart. Don't sit around waiting for answers here.

Call the dealer and call Ludwig. Stay on it until you get an answer either way. The longer you wait, the further down the production line your drums go.

Back