Evans EMAD/REMAD

PeniScott

Silver Member
I've read on previous threads on here that the REMAD version foam ring 'disintegrates'. Don't know how this would happen or what it would look like but I'm conscious of the fact that this may be the same with the EMAD (front batter head) version. I've heard mixed reviews and am starting to think it's one of those sort of marmite situations. Love it or hate it.

Of course it depends on the player and pedals etc but does it also depend on whether you use the big or small foamy too?

xoxo

ive been using the emad for about 3-4 years now and ive never had a problem, but i also dont change the foam ring,i put it in and it stays there.

I've been an EMAD fan since they came out 5 or 6 years ago, and use them on almost all of my kicks. I've never had a problem with a ring, and only one problem with the tray: on my touring kick, where the head probably should have been replaced anyway long before the tray split.

Haven't heard of a REMAD, will have to check it out!

Bermuda

I haven't had any issues with the ring on the EMAD batter head at all.

I have had terrible luck with the foam ring on the REMAD reso head. For those that don't know the REMAD is the matching reso head for the EMAD batter head. It has a foam ring that gets inserted into the mic hole. I have gone through two of them in short order. I'm talking maybe 30 -40 hours of playing time. THAT SETUP IS JUNK and it's effect on the sound is IMO minimal. Not to mention it is way over priced @ almost $50 for a 22" bass drum reso head, come on Evans be serious.

What happens is the foam ring has a slit in it, which allows it to straddle the reso head. Due to the reso head vibrating during playing, it saws through the foam ring

73943.jpg

Yeah that's what i was worried about, by the sounds of things the issue is only with the REMAD. Keeping that in mind, roughly how much would a 22" Emad be? in GBP.

thanks for the words guys.
xoxo

Back