Odd question: Bass drum spur/feet size

Tommy_D

Platinum Member
Hey everyone. This is a bit of an odd-ball question. I picked up this Premier kit and it only has one of the little rubber feet that goes on the end of the bass drum leg/spur. I need to buy another one, but I am trying to find out the thread pitch of some different brand's feet. From what I can gather, the Premier kit uses a 3/8-16 threading on the spur. My Gretsch Catalina and my Tama Rockstar both use this same threading on their spurs/feet. I am beginning to think this is a pretty standard thread for the industry, but does a company like DW subscribe to this industry standard? Pearl probably created the industry standard, so I only assume their feet would work on this kit.

Could anyone out there please take a look at your bass drum feet and try a quick swap with a second (different brand) kit to see if they match.

I know this is an odd request, but I don't want to buy these silly little feet only to find out they don't thread properly. They would basically become garbage at that point.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Tommy D., it is a metric thread and it is an eastern cut thread. The other type is a European cut thread. Vary close but the thread pitch is just a little different.

Back