That's an awesome drum set. So do you play the accordion?

DrumDoug

That's an actual question I was asked last night after the gig. There's only one other forum member I can think of who may have possibly been asked that weird a question.

I was asked if I played the accordion case. I didn't want to appear inexperienced, so I said yes. In hindsight, that was definitely the right answer!

Bermuda

How marvellous! What did you say?

The correct answer is:

"Yes, but only when the accordionist is playing the sackbut."

(Sackbut appears in this here video...)

I was asked if I played the accordion case. I didn't want to appear inexperienced, so I said yes. In hindsight, that was definitely the right answer!

Bermuda

Wasn't it the accordion case that you played on the tom snyder show with al? like your first live thing on tv? I might have the wrong show.. but could swear it was his case. or a random suitcase which would just be weird...

Yep, that was Al's original case as a child, and I still have it. :)

Doug did the place serve whiskey?
So did you ask back 'why'? Were they actually looking for an accordionist, or they just some random gaps in brain neuron connections.

Bermuda

Yeah, that was a pretty good call. Music history right there.

I wonder how many people can recall where they were the first time they heard "My Bologna" on the Dr. Demento show.

Back