Junior Parkers drummer?

So... as i play through songs when practicing i use youtube and just play through the lists on the right and this song keeps coming up and i am so in love with it.. and although normally detest remakes of songs (since people generally don't do it as well as the original or don't change it and just water them down..)

But i actually think this is better than the original. My reason for posting though, is just me wondering if anyone knows who the drummer is on this track.. I searched around the net but failed. And it's not spectacular drumming but just something about it i love..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byjPd28KegM

Sonny Freeman played with Junior. I don't know if he was the drummer on "Taxman" though.

Jimmy McGriff's soul-jazz combo played on that record. Bernard Purdie drummed on most of McGriff's work.

OPen, you just made my day.. i was talking to a friend and said.. man that sounds like purdie :) Like i said. nothing amazing there but it just feels so good:) thanks much!!!

P.S. got the whole cd that song is on... LOVE it....

Love the cover on that album (and some of his others). Total 70's inner city.
Great version....It sure does sound like signature Purdie too.

Yeah.. thats the kind of stuff i like to play... played like 6 hours yesterday of old funk and james brown and stuff... (kinda play..)

Back