Drumming without a drumkit!

It can definitely pick up very fast movement. Here's a link to a video of someone drumming faster, Brad had only tried it the day before, and we hadn't adapted the setup to his pedal style at all (this is why he is having to bring his feet close together):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IleSbkcmEt0

(@1:24)

Cool- thanks for the link (he seemed very excited about the whole thing didn't he)? ; )
I guess this video proves that heel up double bass is no problem with this system at least.
This begs another question (sorry) if you're playing as double bass, how does it distinguish between the left bass drum pedal and the hi-hat (I assume just by moving your left foot over to the left a bit where the hi-hat pedal would be as per normal)?

Cool- thanks for the link (he seemed very excited about the whole thing didn't he)? ; )
I guess this video proves that heel up double bass is no problem with this system at least.
This begs another question (sorry) if you're playing as double bass, how does it distinguish between the left bass drum pedal and the hi-hat (I assume just by moving your left foot over to the left a bit where the hi-hat pedal would be as per normal)?

Haha, Rodnel never lets his enthusiasm show.
You can add extra pedals and place them where you want. So yes, you then move your feet between them like you would on a physical kit. At NAMM we didn't have time to change the kit configuration between drummers: a lot of people tried it, they just sat down at it in a few seconds. We would have made an exception for Brad but he didn't tell us which Adventure Drums character he was going to come as. That's why he's having to move his feet together for double bass: he's basically using the single bass "pedal" with both feet. To let him play normally we would have created a second bass pedal that we would have placed to the right of the hihat pedal.

Back