Horehound ( the album... )

Ainulindale

Gold Member
anybody else listen to this incredible album? Jack White's latest brainchild, he shares the drumming and guitar duties and takes most of the credit for production

i just find the album is a flawless example of not just how less is more, but how less can be subtle, inticate and mesmerizing, this is blues~rock at it's finest

i'd say 60 Feet Tall, So Far from your Weapon and Treat Me Like Your Mother are the best tracks, but the instrumental 3 Birds is vintage rock n' roll

if you have'nt checked this album out, then do so, Horehound is just different enough song to song that everybody should find something they like here...

Same here. Thanks for the link. They sound like Zep at times, sometimes like The White Stripes, sometimes like nothing else. Jack White might wear his influences on his sleeve but he has a unique musical vision. I can think of few performers who use refrains as well as he does.

Jack White might wear his influences on his sleeve but he has a unique musical vision.

i think he really revitalized good 'ol fashioned rock 'n roll, turned some old ideas on their head and gave the genre a much needed kick in the pants! just glad to have him recording music...

Back