Mac maybe...

dom

Silver Member
I am toying with getting a mac (laptop) for recording and such, but I know nothing about these. Are there any good ones that are low cost as in around $800 or less?

i am a mac user, recently switched from PC's about two years ago and i can tell you my imac is the best computer i've ever owned. its not perfect, but the OS/X operating system is much simpler, cleaner and intuitive than windows.

i dont believe there are mac notebooks available for the price you're asking, but check the website to be sure. i know that in Canada there are Mac-Mini's available: they are basically scaled down versions of iMac's: simply a hard disk and operating system. they do no come with any peripherals like keyboard/mouse/monitor, and those are available for around $500.

nice album in your avatar!

That is what I thought. I might buy something used. I already have a laptop that I love, but macs are much easier to record with so I might just find something used.

Shop for refurbished macbooks. Make sure they have a firewire port.

Go to the Apple web site and look for refurbished. My son just bought his wife a refurb. Mac desktop and he said he cannot see what was wrong. The newer ones do not have a firewire port which you may need, so look for an older one.

Back