Protection Racket Bass Drum Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

vxla

Silver Member
How much extra room is in the Protection Racket cases? I need a case for a DW 18x23" kick drum and am curious if I could comfortably squeeze it in a 18x22 case, or need a 18x24 bag. The SKB bags run large, but I don't like the amount of protection they offer.

Thanks.

i would go with the bigger bag, the fleece/material inside is pretty thick and it could be a little snug. i mean it might fit, but i wouldn't bother taking the chance.
alternatively take your drum along to a shop and try both (then buy the bag online for a better price ;)

Just checking how much room my 22" bag offers now. There's a little bit of space, but not a hell of a lot mate. The constant battle to squeeze it in would get very old real quick, I reckon. And if you have mounting hardware or legs that are a little larger than normal, you could certainly run into problems. I agree, get the 24" bag.

That's a pretty douche thing to do, especially if it's a small local business. Yes, it's legal and widespread. Keep it up, though, and that local store won't be there anymore. Sorry to take it on a different tangent but I had to object to this advice.

haha. the last time i went in my local drum shop i spent £2500 on random cymbals, I'm sure they won't be going out of business anytime soon.

good luck with your bag!

Got the 18x22 Protection Racket bag and it *does* fit my 18x23 DW Maple/Mahogany Collectors bass drum. It's a pretty tight fit, but it does fit (for anyone who needs this information in the future). Depth-wise, I'm certain the 17x23 would have been a bit too shallow, but there was enough extra room in the diameter.

Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back