An ode to all friends & a few special people at DW

aydee

Platinum Member

Woah, I'm 4000 + posts old. Freaking nuts!

( Karl, I've almost caught up with you..have i ??? )

I thought this would be a good time for me to reflect on Bernhard's place and my time here. I have spent so much of it here, perhaps too much I think sometimes, and befriended & learnt so much from so many of you that I dont even know where to begin.
An interesting place I thought would be to say thank you to all my friends ( ...AND they are many.... AND they know who they are ) who have shared their warmth, kindness, knowledge freely, selflessly, and have forced me to think, ponder, to feel, to get angry, and to laugh out real hard on so many occasions.

However I thought this would also be a good time for an extra- special list of thank yous' to a few extra- special guys.There are some who have transcended the safe & distant anonymity of the forum and reached out & touched me personally ways for which I will always be grateful:

Here's to Jacques ( aka Katman ) for being my guiding light in South Africa who helped me with my complex itinerary and beer plans. I owe you a game of golf, bud.

To Ken ( aka Deltadrummer ) for not just being a real pal but for caring enough & bothering to send me a specially signed photograph of Dennis Chambers.

To Vin ( Spleen ) Scott Kinsey's childhood pal, and a good friend who very kindly & patiently allowed me to unload some of my 'baggage' on him.

To Duncan ( MFB ), for..... WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT...... tutoring my 16 year old through some of his school prep, ONLINE!!!!

To Cory ( That Guy ) for all kinds of online support & friendship and the very special and amazing human qualities he has, a very rare person with a rare heart. A revelation.

To Terry B. for never ever refusing a transcription.

I've been very lucky to have been around, and received from all you guys. I wish I could mail you a medal or something!
We can be really jaded about how we feel on an online forum, but man, if you scratch the surface a tiny bit around here, you are sure to find some real gems.

This world isn't such a bad place, y'know.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
And let me kindly thank you, Aydee - Abe is it? - For neatly formatting and double spacing 4000 of your posts.

It's really nice on the eyes...

Thanks mate. I didn't really do a Hell of a lot to help him through at all, I mean, I barely did anything; but it ultimately came down to him anyway, right? I'm glad he's gotten through it all.

Aydee (Abe),

Thanks a lot! your contribution is great and nutrient.

Best Regards,

Aydee,

You always write kind words, eloquently.

I've been thinking recently as to the many mental pictures I've created for each of the users that post frequently here. We naturally form our ideas of a person's personality and voice based solely on pages and pages of prose. I would really like to meet several members of this forum in person someday, including you.

ddd

Back