What to drink during/after playing/gig?

It's good to have carbohydrates before a show. A couple hours before the show, have some pasta for slow-release energy.
Drink-wise, water is good for hydration,and I occaisonally drink a lucozade or a similar energy drink on stage.
I've never touched alchohol in my life, but statistics show that it dehydrates you, stops alertness and slows reaction times. So if you want to play your BEST I would reccomend you stay away from the booze.

Lots of water - obviously - before and during your set to keep you hydrated.

Water and beer after.

I've mentioned it before in a previous thread (we have a few of these threads, as is the nature of a forum with a specific focus), that I freeze green tea and let it defrost under the lights. Seems to work for me, I could just drink water, but I prefer the taste of tea and it's supposed to be healthy for you, the sugar in it is good for a short term energy boost as well.

I've mentioned it before in a previous thread (we have a few of these threads, as is the nature of a forum with a specific focus), that I freeze green tea and let it defrost under the lights. Seems to work for me, I could just drink water, but I prefer the taste of tea and it's supposed to be healthy for you, the sugar in it is good for a short term energy boost as well.

I never thought of using ice green tea, I love green tea. Keeps me awake to during the day, next to coffee.

No booze. Unsweet iced tea is my preference, but water is always around.

Gatorade during the show....beers after.

F

Try Endura by Metagenics - similar to Gatorade, with some added bonuses (from product website):

• Provides carbohydrates in the form of glucose polymers and fructose, delivered in a special, balanced blend designed to help delay the onset of fatigue during strenuous activity.

• Delivers key electrolytes to help replace those excreted through sweat during exercise, activity, and/or hot weather conditions.

• Is designed to provide high concentrations of absorbable magnesium, a mineral essential for cellular energy metabolism and glucose homeostasis.

http://www.amazon.com/Metagenics-En...ZKCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304001897&sr=8-1

Jeff.

coconut water

more electrolytes than gatorade - and less sodium
potassium for those of you who cramp - twice the amount of a banana

a great rehydrating beverage

natures sports drink....and delicious

check it out

I prefer Vitacoco

Just drink water. Sip constantly, don't pound it back.

I keep some trail mix nearby also, as I don't
like to eat much in the few hours before a gig.
But make sure you chew it like a demon!

As it stands I've been living off of fruit/veg smoothies
for 1 or 2 of my meals throughout the day. That helps.

I avoid caffeine or alcohol, as much as they are both fun things:
I used to do the one beer or tequila before the show. It helped
with my jitters but I found I crashed mid set. Same with coffee.
Plus the dehydration.

Water, water, water.
Maybe some green+herbal tea(mint/ginger/chamomile/rooibos)
And a little puff of what cannot be discussed here, if it's a chill setting.

I'm such a lightweight when it comes to consuming alcohol, even one beer affects my motor skills. When my lead singer drinks, he sucks. Not a fan of alcohol, it doesn't agree with me.

Just water for me please. And an alley.

I try and drink a lot of water the entire day, with no big meals. I'll often have a 5 Hour Energy before I start unloading everything at the bar for the night, and our band does a shot before going on. I'll drink water during the gig, too, with an occasional drink in between sets.

Not that this is the best regiment, but it works for me.

Before a gig you should never drink Alcohol.
Alcohollic beverages, actually start to shut down your brain by draining the water out of it, which is what gives you the feeling of being drunk, which you want to stay away from before playing, you want your brain fully active, no matter what you play. In my opinion you should just drink water, as you will sweat a lot, for a 3-4 hour set, you want to keep hydrated.

Jamie

Your brain is never fully active, and often the relaxation from a drink or two will do more good than bad for your playing, especially if you're the type to get anxious or excited by the goings ons. Remember to drink enough water to stay hydrated, and don't overdo your beer intake, and you'll be fine. Playing a show without a tasty adult beverage by my side would be like playing pool without a tasty adult beverage... Something wouldn't feel right!

Eww the water from a coconut tastes like the ocean. I just did this last month. Those suckers are friggin tough to crack! The juice makes me want to hurl. I don't know what the commercial products taste like.

Back