Help With Buying A used Set

I don't plan on getting the pedal with it so it costs $450 and includes cymbals although the seller wasn't very specific on what type of cymbals

OK Max, go by and have the guy set them up and play them. Arrive with the cash but don't commit to buying, in fact leave without buying. You can always go back in a couple of hours. NO DEAL is too good that you can't back out of.

1- Did you like the sound?
2- Are you willing to "get what you pay for"?
3- Do you have other options?

OK Max, go by and have the guy set them up and play them. Arrive with the cash but don't commit to buying, in fact leave without buying. You can always go back in a couple of hours. NO DEAL is too good that you can't back out of.

1- Did you like the sound?
2- Are you willing to "get what you pay for"?
3- Do you have other options?

Thanks for the Tips
also does anyone have any experience with the meridian series?

I do agree with Kbadd over there, i do a lot of craigslist buying/selling myself, and one thing about craigslist is that you never pay full price (unless the ad specifies). And when youre dealing with that much money you can get about $25-50 off.

I don''t have too much experience wth Mapex but in my opinion it does seem like the type of kit to gig with. I would say you wouldn't want something to expesive and high end thats gonna end up getting a little beat up. But thats just my opinion.

But yeah, you should definetely try em out before committing.

Obviously there is a money issue here. Be patient and keep looking. There will be other deals that are better, if you can wait.

Mapex Meridian are good for the price. Mic them live and they sound better. They are made well and can take a pounding. Get the best heads you can for them!

Search Ebay. If you spend a little time you can find new everything for that amount of money.
You can also deal with these large stores on ebay and pay them less out side of ebay so they don't occur ebay fee's. My local drum shop has a ebay store and you can get a new Sonor shell pack for $300 and I've come across great hardware packs like Ludwig 400 series stands for the entire kit with foot pedal for $160 free shipping.

I just got a new Sonor shell kit that listed at $2500 for $329 it was a 2007 left over. If you search there are deals out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ludwig-Accent-5-Piece-Kit-Metallic-Blue-Drum-Set-New-/260671481045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb13b24d5

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ludwig-400-Series-Drum-Hardware-Pack-4-Stands-Pedal-/270666429831?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f04f9f587

I have a email from that guy with the blue ludwig kit with the hardware for $435 shipped. Thats a good deal for new drums.

That's a fine price for an M, but what makes you think you can't gig your Swingstars? They are fine.

So I have been playing with a Tama Swingstar kit for awhile now and I'm looking to upgrade to a kit that I could possibly Gig with.

So I found this used Mapex M Series Kit http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/2091893204.html

So would I be able to gig with this kit or is it another entry level kit?

Is it a good deal?

Does anyone have experience with a similar kit?

HEY! I live in Clearwater! We should jam sometime! How old are you man?

Back