Janis Joplin Hollywood Star

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Singer Janis Joplin will be honored with a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next month.

Joplin's siblings will accept the star on the legendary musician's behalf. Walk of Fame officials say during the ceremony, Joplin's friend, actor Kris Kristofferson will perform an acoustic version of Joplin's hit "Me and Bobby McGee."

Record producer Clive Davis is also expected to take part in the November 4th unveiling ceremony in front of the Musician's Institute.

Joplin died in 1970. Fans can catch the event live at walkoffame.com.

Read more: http://www.schnittshow.com/articles...in-to-be-honored-with-11764641/#ixzz2iamZwKwP

Figures that Clive Davis' ego couldn't stay home. Of course, he "discovered" Janis, right? And every other big name star in the 1960s and 70s.

We're not worthy Clive, we're not worthy..!

Pearl is WAY overdue for this honor.The woman was a pioneer in the industry as sure as Etta James was.I wonder if any members of the Full Tilt Boogie Band or Big Brother and the Holding Company are still alive.They should be there for this too.

It's fitting that Kristofferson sing the tune in her honor,since he actually wrote it.

Clive...sit this one out.

Steve B

Pearl is WAY overdue for this honor.The woman was a pioneer in the industry as sure as Etta James was.I wonder if any members of the Full Tilt Boogie Band or Big Brother and the Holding Company are still alive.They should be there for this too.

It's fitting that Kristofferson sing the tune in her honor,since he actually wrote it.

Clive...sit this one out.

Steve B

I'm pretty sure Big Brother stills tours to this day, albeit with another female "singer" (ouch!). No idea what members are original to the band though.

I'm surprised she doesn't already have one.

Back