Finally completed my new Kit!

DB7

This wasn't easy! I had alot of help here and I appreciate all the knowledge comments and advice !!I've been playing larger double bass Kits since the early 80's. Pairing down was extremely difficult. I kind of knew what I wanted in my head but it was difficult to express. I really thought I was going to get a Ludwig Bonham set. But again I read and read here and a few other places, did some research and finally concluded that the Yamaha Recording custom Birch MIJ was for me. I zeroed in on a color and wallah!

Then I had to sell my old set locally . I got lucky and found a really nice kid from Miami on craigslist who came , picked it up and paid full asking price .

I saved about 6 Ft of room in my studio with this killer DW Rack.No more Tri pod stands to trip over and it breaks down easily to Gig. The hardest Problem I had was I wanted to upgrade to a 24" Reverend Al Paiste Ride. My Old Zildjian Ping was only 20.5". Really was a challenger to get it exactly where I wanted it on this small rack. Took a few days of just staring at it , trying different things......I LOVE the end result! Everything is right in front of me. I barely have to reach. Pearl Demon Double Bass pedal.

Thats a used like new Dunnet Stainless Snare. KILLER! And I got a new Roc&Soc throne to top it off. I really thought about each piece and what I was trying to accomplish. It really worked out great! Another thing that really helped is a" Evans Calftone Bass Drum Head". The bass drum lacked a bit of ooooomph. I added this on the front and tightened it up and it came alive! Really really made it deep and round and it projects!

I bought 90% of it used but in excellent condition. I still have a 17" crash on the way otherwise its done. Really really happy with it.......please all comments are welcome, good and bad I know its not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

Beautiful kit, brother!

The drum layout is my fav! Check out that Paiste! Whoa! Bet it sounds wondrous!

Beautiful kit, brother!

The drum layout is my fav! Check out that Paiste! Whoa! Bet it sounds wondrous!

Thank You! Still getting used to it after yrs of 5 toms and a double bass. Best thing is these drums don't need me to bash them to sound good. I even went from 5Bs to 5As. I'm getting older (51) And the main thing I was trying to accomplish was a set to grow older with. My wife was even on board with the expense.

I couldn't be happier. The suspended floor toms were a new thing for me as well.

Very nice kit indeed. Like you, I'm 51 and looking to get into something I can grow older with. Did a gig across town a couple of months back and had to lump my gear across the parking lot and things just didn't go as well as they used to. The kick drum and HW bag, though on wheels about did me in. Funny thing is, I'm actually not in that bad a shape, but three trips to the car and I was done. Good thing I was only carrying a four piece that day and left everything else home. All I could think of was, man that Yamaha Stage Custom would sure be nice right now....I could carry all drums in at once! I bet they weigh a third as much as my PDPs!

You went from 5 toms to 3 and gave up an extra kick to boot. That should make one heck of a difference by themselves, but shedding tripod legs all around too. You'll definitely be loving the new setup. Congrats. :)

Nice kit. Love the blue finish. I have the Stage Customs and love them. The only thing I would add would be a Rock 'N' Roller cart. Worth every penny.

Back