Drum Cover suggestions...

Haradrim87

I find myself in quite a pickle here... I am trying to cover some songs (particularly progressive rock/metal, like Rush, Dream Theater, etc...). Most songs I attempt are exceedingly difficult and I end up giving up half way through because of frustrations (see YYZ, Metropolis Pt.1...). I just need some suggestions on some intermediate songs, nothing too easy please.

I find myself in quite a pickle here... I am trying to cover some songs (particularly progressive rock/metal, like Rush, Dream Theater, etc...). Most songs I attempt are exceedingly difficult and I end up giving up half way through because of frustrations (see YYZ, Metropolis Pt.1...). I just need some suggestions on some intermediate songs, nothing too easy please.

Try Coheed and Cambria. Their songs are influenced by rush, and the beats can be somewhat simpler. Some of the songs are hard. But start off on, i'll list them and a couple of others.

A Favour House Atlantic - Coheed and Cambria (Fairly straight forward 2/4 beat with fills)

Blood Red Summer - Coheed and Cambria (4/4 changing to 2/4 in the corus)

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X - The Fall of Troy

and to finish you off, a little trickier

Nice To Know You - Incubus

Back