Guitar centers too awesome

porky

They have paiste 2002 rides going for 100 usd?! The list goes on... I don't even live in america but heck do I wanna move there lol

1) then where do u live lol
2) whats the further point of this thread lol. What u want us to talk about following this comment
3) 2002 paiste series is awesome however i doubt every single GC store actually carries them altho its a pretty common brand nowadays. I only hear bad things about GC from Americans nowadays

1) then where do u live lol
2) whats the further point of this thread lol. What u want us to talk about following this comment
3) 2002 paiste series is awesome however i doubt every single GC store actually carries them altho its a pretty common brand nowadays. I only hear bad things about GC from Americans nowadays

I'm just hella shock about the deals.. Meh I guess i did impulsively randomly posted this :p

They have paiste 2002 rides going for 100 usd?! The list goes on... I don't even live in america but heck do I wanna move there lol

If you are talking about the one that's for sale in "Fair" condition in CA, then yes, there is one here. However, I'd have to check that thing out in person...even if it's a good deal.

I'd have to check that thing out in person...even if it's a good deal.

100% correct and recommended!

While GC can (and sometimes do) have awesome deals, rarely, if ever will they have someone there who knows about the deal & if they do, they'll probably say it's a mistake and want to up the price on the spot.

I had this happen twice with conga heads. They had a box on the floor in the "drum dept." and in it was a bunch of loose, out of box items with a hand written sign saying, "Priced as marked". One of the items was a 12" conga head that I'd been needing for a while. Price said $20 so I grabbed it! Got to the counter of the guitar section (go figure), and the guy there had no clue of the box nor the slashed priced items in it.
He scanned the tag & it came up $45!

0_o

I told him to flip it over & he saw the $20 tag & had to call the manager over to confirm that I just didn't write it in myself.

Went back 2 weeks later & saw that same box. Still on the floor & still had many of the items from before in it.
Another $20 conga head was there & I snatched it up for a buddy who wanted to replace one on a drum he refurbished.
Same deal (at the guitar accessories counter this time) as before:
Scan the tag, see the lesser priced one on the other side, call the manager & adjust the price in the computer.

Some people you just can't reach.

... I don't even live in america but heck do I wanna move there lol

I think there's a line........

Seriously, I travel internationally for work and I am blow away by the prices. IMHO, The US is still the best place to shop......

......unless you're into cheap Taiwan beer.

I'd have to check it out in person. I learned first hand that if the deal is too good to be true, it most likely is. I picked up a used 20" Ufip Natural China for $140 which they had listed as "Good" condition. When I got it, it looked like this, which is NOT factory. In all likelihood it's a repair. I returned it immediately.

Attachments

• 20624522_10211417399688365_473079445_n.jpg
    20624522_10211417399688365_473079445_n.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 125
Back