DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 06-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Gavin Harrison here!

Dear Mr Garrison, this may be a little off topic but i am a drummer of 22 years and love playing but i also have the unfortunate affliction of being diagnosed with deppresion,addiction problems,a failed marriage, banktrupsy,losing my house,suicidal attempts,loss of interest in normal activities, insomnia, carpal tunnels,etc.......but when i listen to you play, all my problems are forgotten. As for Steven Wilson- i sometimes feel that he has been through similar experiences and somehow turned them into some sort of savior- like there is someone else who has experienced these things and turned them into music of inspiration. i guess i just wanted to thank you and Steven for this. FOABP basically saved my life....please continue to do what you do as i am grateful to be a fan of P. Tree.i m not looking for sympathy or a "things will be okay" response, but i would like to know if you ever have similar feelings and what you could suggest to reverse these unwanted drawbacks. i will continue to play even if i have to force myself(get this:force myself to do something i love...wtf?) please tell your band -THANK YOU, from a fan that s more than just a fan. ROCK ON AND LIVE TO PLAY BUT ALSO PLAY TO LIVE!. thanks for your time- ian
Old 06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi xopethx

I have a question about your mic setup - do you ever find it necessary to mic your cup-chimes more closely? I know you're using some pretty high-end overheads, but i've tried some similar patterns to yours, and i'm having a hard time getting them to come through clearly, at a good volume.

I don't close mic the bells or have a problem with them in a mix. They tend to appear in the hi hat mic quite well as well as the overheads. I have discussed the idea of a close
mic with PT's sound engineer because they can struggle to come across in a live situation.

Hi facu

I want to come to your concert in october in the Sala Apolo (Barcelona), but in october I will haven't the age to enter in this place, (the minimum is 16 years old). What can I do?

I'm sorry but the venue are responsible for setting the minimum age - usually this is to do with selling alcohol and the laws surrounding it. Quite often the age limit is much higher (18 or 21) but we have no control over this matter.

Hi daniele

do you like more sm 57 or Audix i5 for snare's studio recording? whats differents have you found?

sonically I can't hear any difference. The only problem with the SM57 is that the top is loose and can sometimes rattle.

Hi reg

I am working with my son on proper drum technique grip and hitting the drums in the center of the skin, I did work with him on the coin taped to the center of the skin, now it is mostly grip that I am working with him on, keeping the thumb up and sitting up straight (posture), do you have any suggestions on this topic that may help me out?

All the things you are doing sound good - but sooner or later you need to find him a good drum teacher.

Hi crdirtdider856

i also have the unfortunate affliction of being diagnosed with deppresion,addiction problems,a failed marriage, banktrupsy,losing my house,suicidal attempts,loss of interest in normal activities, insomnia, carpal tunnels,etc.......but when i listen to you play, all my problems are forgotten. As for Steven Wilson- i sometimes feel that he has been through similar experiences and somehow turned them into some sort of savior- like there is someone else who has experienced these things and turned them into music of inspiration.

Sorry to hear of your problems - I know that neither myself or Steven have been through these things. Glad the music helps a bit.

Cheers
Gavin
Old 06-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Hello Gavin!

Have you ever heard the band Tool, and if so, what are your thoughts about them, especially about Danny Carey's playing?

I found this youtube version of you playing Swerve (don't worry, I got the DVD's aswell) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DNVi...eature=related, and I wonder if you can atleast try to explain how you do the "fill" from 1:26 till 1:30. It's so amazing, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance! / Emil
Old 06-19-2008, 07:26 PM

A couple of nice fills from the great Gavin Harrison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoG7p1ona6Y
Old 06-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Gavin -

Nice work on the Ed Poole CD. Very funky stuff that sounds like it's a lot of fun to play. I especially like all the modulations you do in 'Smoulder.'
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi PTEmil

Have you ever heard the band Tool, and if so, what are your thoughts about them, especially about Danny Carey's playing?

Yes I know Tool and I've met Danny a few times. I love them - great band and Danny is amazing. I really like the song "Schism" from Lateralus.

I found this youtube version of you playing Swerve (don't worry, I got the DVD's aswell) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DNVi...eature=related, and I wonder if you can atleast try to explain how you do the "fill" from 1:26 till 1:30. It's so amazing, but I can't figure it out.

This has come up before - Terry Branam has already worked on this fill - check this out:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...postcount=1972

Hi Korompay,
thanks for the transcription. It was one of 4 lessons that were filmed for Rhythm magazine cover CD. I didn't prepare anything as I thought we were going to film me playing 3 pieces of my record with 05Ric (which we did) but they never got released. Instead Rhythm wanted me to just make some lessons up on the spot...and that's why I appear to be stumbling through it.

Hi NeuroAxis,
yes I had a lot of fun working with Ed on that record. He's a real old friend of mine....and one hell of a great bass player.

cheers
Gavin
Old 06-19-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Harrison View Post
It was one of 4 lessons that were filmed for Rhythm magazine cover CD. I didn't prepare anything as I thought we were going to film me playing 3 pieces of my record with 05Ric (which we did) but they never got released. Instead Rhythm wanted me to just make some lessons up on the spot...and that's why I appear to be stumbling through it.
I've seen the YouTube lesson (from which those fills are transcribed, i believe), and i'm wondering if there's any possibility of getting ahold of those other lessons! I've checked Rhythm's website, as well as Youtube, but haven't seen anything. Love your playing, Gavin!
take care

*edit* - i'm listening to the Ed Poole samples right now...man..that's some GROOVE! Was that session stressful at all? I could see it being incredibly fun and easy...did you also record it at your home? From what i'm hearing, the drum mix sounds good (as good as Myspace can convey, at least), and I assume you did all the mixing as well? Do you have any intentions or varying ideas for a mix when you're beginning a project like this, or does it all kind fall into place towards the end of the session?

Last edited by xopethx; 06-20-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:06 PM

I really digg the drumming on the ed poole cd! FUNKY!

By the way, have you heard of Opeth? and what are your thoughts on them?

Cheers!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Silver Member

Hey Gavin,

How do you do the fast rimclick in this video
http://drummerworld.com/Videos/gavin...porcupine.html
Did you use the Tom or just the one side of the snare?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalma View Post
Hey Gavin,

http://drummerworld.com/Videos/gavin...porcupine.html
Did you use the Tom or just the one side of the snare?
Hi Kalma.
He did use the Tom when he did the fast rimclick, and it's amazing! Gavin can you tell as how can we parctice on this kind of rimclick?

thanks, Etan.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Silver Member

If he uses the Tom I think it's not as difficult.
You just have to setup the Tomshell nearly the snare.
I tried it that way and it went well :)
Old 06-21-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
If he uses the Tom I think it's not as difficult.
You just have to setup the Tomshell nearly the snare.
I tried it that way and it went well :)
Yes, but when i do this it's going very slowly, and if i speed it up the tempo is gone.
So how do you suggest me to practice on this one?

Thanks, Etan.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

Practise it like every other stuff.
Start slow and push up the tempo SLOWLY!!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:26 AM

Hey Gavin!

You said: Yes I know Tool and I've met Danny a few times. I love them - great band and Danny is amazing. I really like the song "Schism" from Lateralus.

Schism is truly amazing indeed, but I think I like Lateralus (the song) more, and The Grudge. By the way, have you ever heard of Morgan gren? A great drummer from my hometown.

Thanks for the transcription, although I can't read drum notes, I will try to figure it out..

Many thanks!! / Emil
Old 06-22-2008, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Practise it like every other stuff.
Start slow and push up the tempo SLOWLY!!!!
Yes man this is clear, what I mean is if there is any technique for this exercise?

thanks, Etan.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:08 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi xopethx,

i'm listening to the Ed Poole samples right now...man..that's some GROOVE! Was that session stressful at all? I could see it being incredibly fun and easy...did you also record it at your home? From what i'm hearing, the drum mix sounds good (as good as Myspace can convey, at least), and I assume you did all the mixing as well? Do you have any intentions or varying ideas for a mix when you're beginning a project like this, or does it all kind fall into place towards the end of the session?,

There was no stress on that session - only fun. I recorded (and mixed) the drums at my home studio. Ed took a stereo mix of my drums on the day - and ended up using that mix on the finished record.

Hi DTrocks

By the way, have you heard of Opeth? and what are your thoughts on them?

I know Opeth - PT did a tour with them a few years back. Great guys and a great band.

Hi Kalma

http://drummerworld.com/Videos/gavin...porcupine.html Did you use the Tom or just the one side of the snare?

I'm just rattling the stick between the snare and tom like a free roll - there's no tempo in it.

RED-DIAMOND - there's no technique for it - I just go as fast as I can to try to create a continuous roll.

Hi PTEmil,

By the way, have you ever heard of Morgan gren? A great drummer from my hometown.

Yes I'm friends with Morgan - I love his drumming.

cheers
Gavin
Old 06-24-2008, 06:35 AM

Hello, and at this point, good late evening from the east coast of the USA. I'm new here.

I'm lazy and really don't feel like reading all 71 pages (much respect for answering all 71 pages of questions, by the way) and I have a couple questions regarding drum sound:

1) What is the little white Sonor snare that I've seen you use in the Musikmesse videos as well as several of the samples of your DVDs? It appears to be a 5x12" with triple-flanged hoops, and I would really like to know what the wood is and shell construction as well as head selection and tuning. SM57s on top and bottom? It's just a fantastic sound.

2) Kick drum sound - your kick sound has been progressively punchier since In Absentia (sounded fantastic when I saw you guys in Raleigh, NC - thank you very much for coming, by the way) and I'm curious as to which mic(s) and any effects (sounds very uneffected) you used on Fear of a Blank Planet... I read on your site that you have a D6...

3) How do you like the EV mics on your toms compared to, say, Sennheiser MD421 IIs, any Shures or anything else you've tried?

Thank you very much for your time.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 AM

Hi Gavin,
What has been your to-date,the best moment on stage.
I know you have been asked this question many times,but please,can u squeeze in some time and make a trip to India,for a drum clinic,and some spicy indian food..hehe....
Old 06-24-2008, 12:07 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi dwsabianguy

1) What is the little white Sonor snare that I've seen you use in the Musikmesse videos - and I would really like to know what the wood is and shell construction as well as head selection and tuning. SM57s on top and bottom? It's just a fantastic sound.

It's a Sonor Designer 12x5 built in the 90's. 6 ply maple no internal support rings - so it's what they would now call "thin" shell (not vintage). It has a Remo Ambassador on the top and bottom and tends to sound good at any reasonable tuning. I have recorded it with Shure SM57's but more recently I'm using an Audix i5 on the top.

2) Kick drum sound - your kick sound has been progressively punchier since In Absentia and I'm curious as to which mic(s) and any effects (sounds very uneffected) you used on Fear of a Blank Planet... I read on your site that you have a D6...

I use an Audix D6 at the hole and a Shure SM91 inside resting on the pillow. There are no effects on it.

3) How do you like the EV mics on your toms compared to, say, Sennheiser MD421 IIs, any Shures or anything else you've tried?

The EV's are great and I still use them live. In the studio I found that the 421's were better on the lower 3 toms and about the same on the top two. I also like the Beyer Opus 88 in a live situation too.

Hi jdzzz

What has been your to-date,the best moment on stage.
I know you have been asked this question many times,but please,can u squeeze in some time and make a trip to India,for a drum clinic,and some spicy indian food

Probably the first show I did with Lewis Taylor. I guess he was the first artist that I worked with that I was a real fan of - before I got to play live with him. I had an extremely big smile on my face that night. I have no plans to come to India at the moment - but I do LOVE the food.

cheers
Gavin
Old 06-24-2008, 12:13 PM

I second the India tour request :)
Old 06-24-2008, 12:39 PM

ahhh....
so why not experience the "real thing"
and yeah while you are enjoying your food,you can just play around the drums.
wat say..hehehe....
come on Gavin,
just for a day or two.
it will be a dream come true for many drummers here.
i still have to get over the fact that i am actually talking to you.
anyway,i wont persist much,but,in any case,just try to keep it there in your mind...
cheers.....
just one question..which band would you really like to play with for a day?
(apart from you own bands!!)
Old 06-24-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsabianguy View Post
Hello, and at this point, good late evening from the east coast of the USA. I'm new here.

I'm lazy and really don't feel like reading all 71 pages (much respect for answering all 71 pages of questions, by the way) and I have a couple questions regarding drum sound:
There is a nice little thread search in Gavin's signiture. It narrows down the 71 pages.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Silver Member

Hello Gavin,
1st of all , you are a credit to all pro-drummers out there.You are actually in touch with your fan base. I ve been spreading the joy since '02 , but no other drummer is quite as "accessible" as you... and you are quite the excellent player. With that being said- What challenges you these days?You have heard of the band Tool and have met Danny Carey and I am very glad that you can respect a band such as this but do you still get inspired by new acts? Who are your favorite band/players out today?And who inspires you? This has most likely been asked so to my next question...when you figure out your double bass patterns for any song.... how do you go about keeping it tasteful yet not going "overboard"? because you have a way of making it very "technical" yet very"tastefull" as I cannot get enough of it.Last of all- are there any plans of of you coming through America soon? With any band?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Hi Gavin
You remember how many holes venting has your snare sonor 8x4 and what kind of snare wire for this? have you a photo?
thank you very much I have realized this but has a vibration annoying that I can not eliminate
thank you very much
Angelo
Old 06-26-2008, 01:36 PM

Hi Gavin.

This is Massimo from Australia. I met you with my dad at the drum fest in Geelong. That was great. I am also happy about the autographed drum head. I wanted to know what kind of drums you had when you were a kid or how many drums or cymbals did it have ?. I have a Mapex m birch kit. It has 3 toms and 1 floor tom oh and a snare drum of course. I use zildjian 14 inch mastersound high hats, 16 inch zildjian avedis fast crash, wuhan 10 splash, stagg 10 china, zildjian zxt medium ride 20 inch and a 18 inch zildjian zht china.

regards Massimo
Old 06-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Silver Member

Hi Gavin,

what heads would you use for an 14*5 Maple Vintage Snare (Sonor) for top and bottom?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:01 PM

I found this video of you at drummerlive 2008 today (amongst others):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OrtsYkTScg

My question is, do you know of any videos from that performance with a better sound (and picture) quality?

Your playing sounds great, as always! But I can't enjoy it properly without better quality!

Cheers!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:57 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi jdzzz

just one question..which band would you really like to play with for a day?

Steely Dan, Earth Wind and Fire ...anything with a deep sense of groove.

Hi crdirtdider856

With that being said- What challenges you these days?

Not repeating myself.

when you figure out your double bass patterns for any song.... how do you go about keeping it tasteful yet not going "overboard"?

As I've said many times I don't think of myself as a double bass drum player - and so I don't see a distinction between the bass drum or any other part of my set when it comes to setting the 'taste barrier'. I try to do things that I think are tasteful and 'hip' and try to avoid (what I consider to be) cliches. When I listen to a recording I've just made I'm always consulting my 'inner taste barrier' - and wondering if it's all a bit over the top.

Last of all- are there any plans of of you coming through America soon? With any band?

Yes I'll be playing in the US in August with King Crimson. See www.dgmlive.com for dates.

Hi angelo,

You remember how many holes venting has your snare sonor 8x4 and what kind of snare wire for this?

There is one hole in that drum and I have a custom Puresound snare on it.

Hi Massimo98,

I wanted to know what kind of drums you had when you were a kid or how many drums or cymbals did it have ?

My first set was an Ajax 24" 13" 16" with a Trixon snare drum. I think I had about 3 cymbals. It sounds like you have a really good set there.

Hi Kalma

what heads would you use for an 14*5 Maple Vintage Snare (Sonor) for top and bottom?,

Depends what kind of sound and style of music you're going for. I'd probably put a Remo CS on the top and leave the bottom as a 'Sonor medium' which is the same as a Remo Ambassador (snare side).

Hi DTrocks

My question is, do you know of any videos from that performance with a better sound (and picture) quality?

No I don't. I didn't even know that existed.

Cheers
Gavin

Last edited by Gavin Harrison; 06-27-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrocks View Post

Your playing sounds great, as always! But I can't enjoy it properly without better quality!

Cheers!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OrtsYkTScg&fmt=18

Add &fmt=18 to the end of any video, and it'll show you the video at the uploaded quality.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:13 AM

Hello, Gavin. Can you describe your in-ear mix? What are the levels of the parts of the kit? What are the levels of the parts of the band. And then, any click or loop levels. I'm with a nine piece group. I'm getting my loops on top of two other guys loops on top of sequences, horns, guitars and keys. Oh, and my drums. I'm have trouble putting everything in a good place. I find myself pulling people way down in my mix because it's obvious that they aren't listening to the loops and they're pushing and pulling me around.

Watching the live Porcupine Tree DVD, I was amazed by your playing and your sound but, more so by how relaxed you looked even on the heavier or busier tunes. Thanks for being amazing.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:16 PM

heeelloo gavin!

i like to ask this question in last time so i want to ask you,
what question has never been asked and you really like to talk about, anything that comes in your mind can that be.

it would be interesting to know that.
thanks and have a goood day!
:-)

stefan!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:23 PM

Hi Gavin

Back in DROP, im trying to learn the parts on LIFE, to me a song with a giant feel, and want to ask you about the part in 1:46, after the first chorus; i think youre playing 5/8 really nice, but the hi-hat pattern (with many rolls in) confuse me. After a few bars you get back again to the 5/8 part, but now playing the ride cymbal with a more straight feel. Cant reach it... any clue?

Many thanks as always.

"im not standing still
im moving"

Gus
Old 06-28-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrocks View Post

Try this:

http://www.vicfirth.com/features/dru...rrison1HQ.html
Old 06-28-2008, 09:39 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi shawnelsbernd

Hello, Gavin. Can you describe your in-ear mix? What are the levels of the parts of the kit? What are the levels of the parts of the band.I find myself pulling people way down in my mix because it's obvious that they aren't listening to the loops and they're pushing and pulling me around.

The mix I have going on in my ears are - all the drums (balanced as I feel I play them) plus a very clicky bass drum sound so I can hear the attack. I have reverb going on the snare and toms. Then behind me is a sub speaker that just has the low end of the bass drum in it. As for the rest of the band I have all of them in my mix too. On top of that sometimes there's a click playing that is louder than the mix of the band - but not deafening. There are moments when I can't hear the click just for a second or so because of all the noise that I'm making.

Yes I agree - if there are people in your band pulling your timing around - then turn them down in your mix.

Hi Gus

Back in DROP, im trying to learn the parts on LIFE, to me a song with a giant feel, and want to ask you about the part in 1:46, after the first chorus; i think youre playing 5/8 really nice, but the hi-hat pattern (with many rolls in) confuse me. After a few bars you get back again to the 5/8 part, but now playing the ride cymbal with a more straight feel. Cant reach it... any clue?

1:46 to 2:09 is the same as the verse 9/16

Name:  Life groove.jpg
Views: 3548
Size:  37.8 KB

- (but maybe with a few more open hi hats and accents) then there's a 3/8 bar rest followed by four bars of 15/16. Make sense?

Cheers
Gavin
Old 06-28-2008, 10:14 PM

Hi Gavin!

I've been really enjoying the album version of Futile lately and I was wondering if you could explain the intro, mainly from :20-:33. I feel I have very solid timing, from marching 4 years of drum corp, and there's not much I can't figure out, but that section is ridiculous! You're the man! Any plans on putting some PT transcriptions together in a book?

Marc
Old 06-28-2008, 11:27 PM

Gavin

Love your playing, and although I have your Books, they are difficult , but I am working thru them. Thanks for the inspiration.

J
Old 06-29-2008, 02:33 AM

Hey Gavin,
happy birthday (altho I'm too late...), and thank for your great insperational work with PT. Absolutely love your stuff, keep up the good work.

Been reading this tread for a while, but wondered who your greatest influences were when you were a younger drummer, and who do you look up to nowadays? Also, as one of my all-time favourite drummers is Ian Mosley (Marillion), wondered what do you think of his work?

Sorry if any of these questions had come up before, I certainly didn't see them...

Cheers.

Kind regards

Stefan

Old 06-29-2008, 07:01 AM

Gavin -

I had a question about pedal selection. I know you use Axis pedals for most/all of your PT stuff, and I think I've heard that you switch out the beaters for heavier ones. I've considered using Axis before, as I am in a few metal bands that use lots of double bass and Axis are much better for that type of application, but the thing I didn't like about them is that when playing single bass groove I couldn't get a good thump no matter how much I layed into the pedal, it was just that same light, efficient touch that's good for playing double bass. Do you have this problem, or do you solve it by setting the beaters farther from the head or some other trick?

Just curious because I am thinking about saving my ankles some strain and switching over to Axis.

And thanks for taking your time to answer these questions for us.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:19 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi MBruyere

I've been really enjoying the album version of Futile lately and I was wondering if you could explain the intro, mainly from :20-:33.

It's all in good old 4/4

Name:  Futile metal bit.jpg
Views: 3824
Size:  147.1 KB

Any plans on putting some PT transcriptions together in a book?

Not at the moment - but I'd love to with the help of a good transcriber (Terry Branam for instance).

Hi heaven'stef,

Been reading this tread for a while, but wondered who your greatest influences were when you were a younger drummer, and who do you look up to nowadays? Also, as one of my all-time favourite drummers is Ian Mosley (Marillion), wondered what do you think of his work?

When I was young I listened to a lot of Steve Gadd and Jeff Porcaro. Also Stewart Copland, Billy Cobham, Simon Phillips, Steve Schaffer and quite a few others spring to mind. I'm not familiar with Marillions albums - but I worked on a record in the early 80's that Ian Mosley had played half of - and I was very impressed.

Hi NeuroAxis

I had a question about pedal selection. I know you use Axis pedals for most/all of your PT stuff, and I think I've heard that you switch out the beaters for heavier ones. I've considered using Axis before, as I am in a few metal bands that use lots of double bass and Axis are much better for that type of application, but the thing I didn't like about them is that when playing single bass groove I couldn't get a good thump no matter how much I layed into the pedal, it was just that same light, efficient touch that's good for playing double bass. Do you have this problem, or do you solve it by setting the beaters farther from the head or some other trick?

I set the beaters way back from the factory settings (and have the springs on reasonably tight) - for the same reason. I like to have good leverage and hit the bass drum hard. If it's set up for fast close playing - I don't enjoy playing simple kind of "1&3" on it (which is a vast majority of the time). It means that I have to work much harder when playing fast double pedal stuff. The old drummer from Opeth sat on my kit to try my pedals - and commented that he would die within a minute if he had to play fast 16ths on them. It all goes along with fact that I'm not really a double bass drummer - I just occasionally dabble with it.

cheers
Gavin
Old 06-29-2008, 07:59 PM

Hi Gavin,
I would like create a home studio in a little room in my house (16,5x8,7x8h foot). In your opinion, can i get to a good recording sound in a room like this,after acustic treatment? Thank you!