Remote Speedy Hat or DW 9000 remote hi hat?

Sunshy

I can either get a DW 9000 remote hi hat stand for $150 (used) or the remote speedy hats for a little over $300 new. I know people rave about the action on these, but I'm just wondering if the DW will be "good enough." Not having a Speedy Hat here to try out, was wondering people's take on it.

I have a Pearl Eliminator remote you can get for just a smidge more than the DW

F

I know this thread is from about a month ago, but I would like to say the remote speedy is pretty amazing. I played with the first one that was made. Bill came and did a clinic at the University of Arkansas and had it with him. He offered to sell it to anyone if they wanted it, and had I had the cash at the time, I would have bought it from him. That would have been an awesome item to have. Anyways, the pedal has the reaction time of a normal hi hat pedal, which I don't believe you have with any other remote pedal. That's just my $.02 though. I would highly recommend it over any other pedal though!

... Anyways, the pedal has the reaction time of a normal hi hat pedal, which I don't believe you have with any other remote pedal.

Untrue. The DW 9550 is a direct drive remote hat. It may not have quite the same positioning flexibility as the Speedy but it is also more mechanically straight forward.

Back