does anyone have experience with this Sonor snare?

Oh man! I bought one a couple weeks ago and haven't looked back since! I have an Evans Powerstroke on top and a hazy 300 on the snare side and it IS like a cannon! LOVE IT!

which one the Ludwig or Sonor?
Thats what I was wondering. I am loving my Danny Carey snare. Bronze is definitely my first choice in snare material. I have three now. Guess I can stop. Maybe :)

Thats what I was wondering. I am loving my Danny Carey snare. Bronze is definitely my first choice in snare material. I have three now. Guess I can stop. Maybe :)

You can stop now you have my permission, lol. I am glad you are liking the new snare, mine should be in Wednesday and I cant hardly wait.

I just got in the Ludwig Black Magic 8 x 14 today and put a Evans ST dry on it tuned it and HOLLY S#*T! What an awesome sounding snare! I am using the stock reso and wires and still fine tuning and experimenting with dampening, I am somewhere between one Moongel and a Remo dampening ring, But it sounds freaking awesome, easy to tune 10 lug di-cast hoops, and even for an 8" its extremely sensitive under the stick. This is much louder than any other snare I have owned. I was shocked to see that these are shipped in the box with no padding whatsoever but it is a thick box and arrived unscathed. This is a heavy snare and well built. If you are considering a 8" steel snare consider this one, highly recommended. Where I got it takes 4 equal monthly payments, thats the only way I could afford it right now and was the same price and GC. Staff was friendly and fast shipping, highly recommended as well.

I just got in the Ludwig Black Magic 8 x 14 today and put a Evans ST dry on it tuned it and HOLLY S#*T! What an awesome sounding snare! I am using the stock reso and wires and still fine tuning and experimenting with dampening, I am somewhere between one Moongel and a Remo dampening ring, But it sounds freaking awesome, easy to tune 10 lug di-cast hoops, and even for an 8" its extremely sensitive under the stick. This is much louder than any other snare I have owned. I was shocked to see that these are shipped in the box with no padding whatsoever but it is a thick box and arrived unscathed. This is a heavy snare and well built. If you are considering a 8" steel snare consider this one, highly recommended. Where I got it takes 4 equal monthly payments, thats the only way I could afford it right now and was the same price and GC. Staff was friendly and fast shipping, highly recommended as well.
Glad you like it man. Just think how good it would sound with a Remo head on it. Just kidding. Have fun with it. Like you, I am really digging the depth.

Glad you like it man. Just think how good it would sound with a Remo head on it. Just kidding. Have fun with it. Like you, I am really digging the depth.

The depth is awesome in these 8" snares. I already had the Evans and I tried on another snare and didn't like it but sounds great on this, I will try a Remo in the future though.

Back