MAD and Ben's Non-LDS meet-up at Magenta Headquarters

Magenta

Platinum Member
I say, DW, Henri and Ben had a rather marvellous idea after last year's LDS. They thought it was a shame that that is really the only time DWers ever get together and meet each other, and it occurred to them that it would be a jolly good show if there were another opportunity.

What better, they thought, than a barbecue one summer's day, somewhere where there are few neighbours and plenty of drums? They very kindly volunteered Stardust Towers as the location, and I think it would be a wizard wheeze.

So now we're trying to sort out a date which will suit most people who would care to invite themselves (and their partners, should they wish to come too). I'm thinking a Saturday late afternoon, as that will give people ample time to wend their way over to North East Wales, get lost, find their way again and arrive, armed with snares, cymbals, pedals, any other musical instruments, PA, tents, food and (especially) drink.

I shall attempt to recruit other carefully-selected (i.e. drummer-tolerant) musicians, and we can create MADgeFest.

Any takers? Or is it just going to be Henri and me?

Last edited:
I'll start saving for air fare now. Should be a Wale of a time.

I'll start saving for air fare now. Should be a Wale of a time.

We really would love it if any of our overseas friends could make it! Bit of a long way just for a barbie though.

I am keen of course! Rough idea of when yet? I should be able to fit this into my schedule!

First, I'd like to thank Madge for jumping into the idea straight away, when I spoke to her after having the idea together with Ben, it was an immediate "go ahead" with the project, that was about 3 months ago.

Now it has officially started, please come forward and let us know if you will be part of this memorable DW drummers meet up, it will be a blast and you're all invited ;)

MADgeFest! lol, I love that... it should be the official name for the annual DW summer meet up :D

We really would love it if any of our overseas friends could make it!

Indeed!

One can hope, eh?

I'm always up for anything :)

I knew we could count on you :)

I am keen of course! Rough idea of when yet? I should be able to fit this into my schedule!

Great, wonderful news Ben, we'll know more about dates when a few more MADgeFest-ers come forward, stay in tune.

Did you know? Apparently Ben's really good at making cocktails :D

I'm really excited already ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I wouldn't say LDS "is really the only time DWers ever get together", it's just the only time DWers on that side of the pond get together.

Just to, you know, clarify.

Well, I wouldn't say LDS "is really the only time DWers ever get together", it's just the only time DWers on that side of the pond get together.

Just to, you know, clarify.

Ah, you're overlooking the Great DW LDS Meet-Up of 2014, when Henri came over from France, Larry came from the USA, dear David came from Germany, and Anon made the trip from Oz.

But I take your point.

I'm curious what LDS is. Before I opened the page up I thought for a second that it was a rather bold post against the Church of Latter Day Saints.

I'm curious what LDS is. Before I opened the page up I thought for a second that it was a rather bold post against the Church of Latter Day Saints.

It's the London Drum Show. I'd love to make it, but I'm too busy inviting people to NAMM here on the West Coast. Me and the wife will be in Italy next late February-March though for couple of weeks. We must have some Italy DrummerWorld-ers in that part of the world, no?

What a great idea, Madge and MAD! :)
Thanks for the PM, MAD!

I'd be up for it and volunteer the bass playing services of my partner (provided he is willing and won't run the other way by the mere idea of several drummers in a house... He's got enough on his plate with one! ;)

So nice idea, let us know when and will aim to come (jobs, gigs permitting).

Cheers! :)
Kate

It's the London Drum Show. I'd love to make it, but I'm too busy inviting people to NAMM here on the West Coast. Me and the wife will be in Italy next late February-March though for couple of weeks. We must have some Italy DrummerWorld-ers in that part of the world, no?

I'm making it a goal to make a NAMM show in the next year. I just up and quit a certain big box music retailer so it's unlikely I'll be going with that crew, so if I manage to make it down there I'll make sure to track you down and make a friend.

London Drum Show. Thanks for the answer on that. Clears some things up.

Great idea, I'll be very keen on attending as I can swing by my hometown on the way also.

Will wait for news on where/when so I can see if I can make it- bands/work permitting.

OK drummerfriends, here's an early little update ;)

I PM'd some members both here on DW and on FB.

The initial response is quite promising so far, of course, for many of you it is a question of dates vs priorities, gigs, schedules, etc.

So the sooner we can pencil some possible dates, the better we will know who's able to come to the MADgeFest.

So far, willing to come (all depending on the dates vs commitments of course)

Madge and I (as you would expect)
Andy
Ben
Kate
Jon
David Flgl
Kevin (Frosticles)
Daisy
Michele Drees

Apology from Uncle Larry who can't make it this year from the USA, but thinking about the 2017 edition of the summer MADgeFest :)

Grunt, how the saving's going?

Please keep coming forward, it's gonna be an event you wont forget, and there will be caeks!!! :D

@ Oliver, sorry you can't make it my friend, but rest assured that we'll do our utmost to get pictures, videos and feedback during the week following the MADgeFest.

I know that for Madge and I, on the 9th of July we're not available, we're going to see a gig together ;)

Not sure exactly which months are being considered here but I'm going to be unavailable the following weekends:

21st/22nd of May
4th/5th of June
11th/12th of June
9th/10th of July
23rd/24th of July

Besides that I'm currently free at weekends from May - August.

Have fun, guys! Alas, 20,000 kms for a BBQ is a bit on ...

2225045627_7e844a82ed.jpg

Michele Drees
Ah, Michele's coming - ooo - A game + face on then :)

I know that for Madge and I, on the 9th of July we're not available, we're going to see a gig together ;)
Oh Oh Oh - I know where you're going! ;)

I'm going to be unavailable the following weekends:

11th/12th of June

Have fun, guys! Alas, 20,000 kms for a BBQ is a bit on ...
Missing you Grea :(

Duncan is up for it too :D

Oliver, if there's a way to get you here, we'll find it, although I suspect the main reason why you might not be able to make it would be that you're too busy gigging.

Dear David suggested doing a Doodle poll (?) to identify dates that are and aren't possible. I'm sure that's a jolly good idea but not so sure that I could organise it unless it's totally idiot-proof.

Ah, Michele's coming - ooo -

Henri said "Shall we invite her?" and I said "You ask - you're irresistible." And so he proved to be!

Henri is going to take his top off, I believe.

Back