Could I get a package?

Ex Nihilo

Hello, I am looking for Emperors for my tom heads. Possible, Ambassadors for the reso side. Is it possible to get a package of these drum heads all at once, for a special deal or such?
16" x 16" in. floor tom.
11 x 13" power size rack tom with mount
10 x 12" power size rack tom with mount
8 x1o " power size rack tom with mount

Thank you, I appreciate it.
-Ex Nihilo

The tom heads, certainly. I found all sorts of hits for Emperor and Ambassador packs on Google Shopping. You may even find an all-together prepack somewhere. As for discounts, you stand a better chance getting a discount from a local shop than a chain, but it depends what promotions or sales are going on. Hie thee to Google and get some ideas.

It's hard when you have a 11 inch, to find a package. Oh btw, am I suppose to get Renaissance special drum heads? Or should I just get a drum head and put it on the res side?

It's hard when you have a 11 inch, to find a package. Oh btw, am I suppose to get Renaissance special drum heads? Or should I just get a drum head and put it on the res side?

Hmm. I don't think that 11" measurement is for diameter. I think it's depth. So therefore not a problem for a head size.

I'm thinking that you probably could get a standard size tom head package: 12, 13 16 and then get a 10 inch head separately for the smallest tom.

Is there a reason for having a Renaissance? Sounds a bit random to be asking that question when you haven't given a reason for having that specific head. The general consensus is to put some kind of single ply head - not necessarily Renaissance although they would work - on as a resonant, although some try thicker solutions as well.

Most standard head pre-packs come in either standard (12, 13, 16) or fusion (10, 12, 14) sizes Evans, Aquarian and Remo all have some kind of pre-pack but they are usually the most popular head choices (G2, Satin Texture coated, Emperor, Ambassador). One of those will work. If you are in the U.S., you can shop Musician's Friend, Sam Ash or Interstate Music to see who has the best price.

HTH

Jim

Hmm. I don't think that 11" measurement is for diameter. I think it's depth. So therefore not a problem for a head size.

I'm thinking that you probably could get a standard size tom head package: 12, 13 16 and then get a 10 inch head separately for the smallest tom.

Is there a reason for having a Renaissance? Sounds a bit random to be asking that question when you haven't given a reason for having that specific head. The general consensus is to put some kind of single ply head - not necessarily Renaissance although they would work - on as a resonant, although some try thicker solutions as well.

Most standard head pre-packs come in either standard (12, 13, 16) or fusion (10, 12, 14) sizes Evans, Aquarian and Remo all have some kind of pre-pack but they are usually the most popular head choices (G2, Satin Texture coated, Emperor, Ambassador). One of those will work. If you are in the U.S., you can shop Musician's Friend, Sam Ash or Interstate Music to see who has the best price.

HTH

Jim
Thank you, nice advice.

Last edited:
Those packs are out there. I ordered some heads from my local music store once. While looking over salesman's shoulder I noticed that there were packs offered in the sizes that I was looking for. I inquired about them and he came up with some excuse that they often not in stock in the ware house and that if I wanted my heads quickly that I would be better off buying them individually. If that's true or not I don't know. But I do know that buying the pack would have saved me a lot of money. Could go either way I guess...Or I could have gotten screwed.

Back