Stick goes flying and hits audience member!

Formless Method

Ok anyone ever had a stick fly out and hit an audience member? Mine did in this vid but the guy was cool, You will even see him for a sec air drumming to my drumming lol how cool. He got smackedddd HARD and the stick went flying over to a table of drunks who started using my stick on their table to play with us lol Mannn. Anyone ever had this happen or something similar? This stick had a tonnn of power behind it

heres vid give it a few then you will see stick go flying. This band just gets up and plays what we feel we never rehearse so it's sorta rough :) enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRV1l7-RoM

Last edited:
Haha, you need a stick bag, mate. Can't always rely on the audience returning sticks - they never give mine back ;)

My victims have always been the band - I can't count how many times I've whacked my singer in the back with a broken stick.

Haha, you need a stick bag, mate. Can't always rely on the audience returning sticks - they never give mine back ;)

My victims have always been the band - I can't count how many times I've whacked my singer in the back with a broken stick.

I have nailed band members many times, too. It always helps to have a replacement stick in a stick bag nearby.

Yeah,thats when I switched from 5A to a 5B.And always have a sweat towel handy.There are so many stick grip methods & products out there to use.And having extra sticks within reach is just good common sense.

My grip is totally loose. When the stick went flying I knew those people would confiscate it lol. I felt bad about it wacking the guy air drumming but was trying to motion to the people at the table about the stick. It all ended good. It was actually pretty cool. My wife saved me by giving me one of my sticks which I had left over at the table we was sitting at.

My grip is totally loose. When the stick went flying I knew those people would confiscate it lol. I felt bad about it wacking the guy air drumming but was trying to motion to the people at the table about the stick. It all ended good. It was actually pretty cool. My wife saved me by giving me one of my sticks which I had left over at the table we was sitting at.

so he got a keepsake from a real live awesome drummer. you may have just set him on the path to righteousness.

: )

isn't it amazing how how being handicapped for a moment (loss of a stick) can send you to a whole 'nother level when you get it back.

and you did.

good drumming.

way to take it there.

Is there no batter head on the bass drum?

What's with the whole band sitting down?

so he got a keepsake from a real live awesome drummer. you may have just set him on the path to righteousness.

: )

isn't it amazing how how being handicapped for a moment (loss of a stick) can send you to a whole 'nother level when you get it back.

and you did.

good drumming.

way to take it there.

Thank you sir, my playing was rough on this song but fun as always. We never rehearse and jam live changing things up so there are rough times but also magic times.

Is there no batter head on the bass drum?

What's with the whole band sitting down?

Yes there is a batter head, however there isn't any resonate heads on any of the drums. It's a 1960s ludwig kit. The other guys sit down because it's more comfortable to them. When we play other places they stand up but for some reason at this place they sit down

Thank you sir, my playing was rough on this song but fun as always. We never rehearse and jam live changing things up so there are rough times but also magic times.

Yes there is a batter head, however there isn't any resonate heads on any of the drums. It's a 1960s ludwig kit. The other guys sit down because it's more comfortable to them. When we play other places they stand up but for some reason at this place they sit down

oops - I meant reso head - my drums back from the early 80s had none either

Back