Peter Grant

I never actually sat through the entire movie. Is that their only movie? I remember what little I saw ...I didn't like it, but that was a long time ago. I saw the clip Troy put up though. I should give it another watch.

I'm sure Sharon Osborne could handle him. LOL!

It's in her blood. As the daughter of another manager with a reputation of not taking a backward step, she had a front row seat. The stories of her old man are as legendary as Peter Grant. It was Don Arden who reportedly dangled some poor unsuspecting sod out of a window by his ankles!!

How are you so sure the security guard didn't deserve it?

By all accounts it was way OTT Larry. Bill Graham has an account of the incident in his book. It seems like a massive over reaction all stemming from the account of a drunk and coked up Bonham. There's been a lot written about that 1977 tour......many of the people surrounding the band at the time had a reputation for mindless violence.

OK Jules, thanks for the correction. I want to hear more about this Don Arden guy now. Hanging someone from their ankles out the window...I gotta read about that one. So that's where Sharon gets her strength....Is Don her Pop?

Yea, he's my personal hero right now. I admire his fight and want to emulate it.
I have a situation where my wife is scheduled for knee surgery, tomorrow, but found out just today that she can't afford the doctors portion of the co pay. She is so upset, she really needs this. I am gonna do a Peter Grant on this doctor and convince him, by any means necessary, to accept my payment plan offer. I do have collateral to put up, my motorcycle and title, it's unorthodox, but I am not taking no for an answer. I am looking forward to the confrontation.

I wish your wife good luck. Knee surgery sucks. Make sure you facilitate and encourage her physio.

Best wishes

GJS

maybe you would admire Suge Knight as well Larry

he was sort of the 90s version of Grant

:)

OK Jules, thanks for the correction. I want to hear more about this Don Arden guy now. Hanging someone from their ankles out the window...I gotta read about that one. So that's where Sharon gets her strength....Is Don her Pop?

Nothing to admire about him. Ripped off the Small Faces then used his thuggery when they sought other managers (thus the window hanging story). Sounds like a slave boss.

But what comes around goes around

wiki - "Arden's success story turned sour when his violent 'negotiating' methods and questionable accounting caught up with him, and he became estranged from members of his own family."
Not a good ending. Karma's a b#tch.

Unfortunately, as in your wife's surgery example, its true you sometimes have to be a real pr%ck to get things done right. A shame.

...He was also an actor before he got into the music business. ...The Saint and The Benny Hill Show among others.

Those were two of my favorite shows growing up! Then he goes on to manage one of my favorite bands. Awesome.

Back