Roland TD-7(possible upgrading solution)?

Soulintruder

Hi to all.I have an antique Roland TD-7,and a question which is probably very stupid,but sorry for my ignorance...

I planning to upgrade it for VST-drums recording purposse.
I need a better playability,but pads also need to be damn quiet first of all (They are in my bedroom).

The first name I could think of is Yamaha DTX XP series pads?
I don`t know if it is possible,due to fact they are 3 zone most of them(and also different brands)
If not please suggest me the best solution you could think of(also a cymbal pads)...

Thanks in advance.
Sincerly,Soulintruder.

What is wrong with this site,is there somebody who gonna give me a clue?What someone here gotta do to get some help?!Gees.
Say something,anything that will put light on this topic,please..

Last edited:
An exp TD-10 or TD-8 would be a fine fit with the components you have. Either would also interact well with your VST package. Keep in mind that you'll still be somewhat limited on the HH articulation because of the hardware and module. If your drum VST has a MIDI learn/remapping function, that will help somewhat but won't get you 100% of the way there.

But yeah, easiest and quickest way to move forward, short of pitching a large ton of it and starting from scratch, is to get either an exp 10 or an 8.

But yeah, easiest and quickest way to move forward, short of pitching a large ton of it and starting from scratch, is to get either an exp 10 or an 8.

Thanks for your comment,finally somebody sad something. :) So you say these roland modules can work well with yamaha pads I mentioned below?Cheers.

If you like the yamaha TCS pads, I'd recommend staying brand inclusive…yamaha pads are going to work better with yamaha modules..I have mixed and matched in the past and you can get some functions to work, but you'll probably lose 2nd zone capability (at least consistently) and the hihats operate completely different (between brands)…besides you'll lose the third zone as well..which can prove useful..especially on cymbals..

Last edited:
Back