Memorial Day

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Today is Memorial Day in the USA. It’s a day we set aside as a national holiday in memory of U.S. military service members who died while in service. Unlike Veteran’s Day – which is designed to honor veterans, living or dead, Memorial day is all about those who have gone on.

This being an international drum forum I will give thanks to ALL who gave their lives for their country. Peace.

Right along with ya on this G-dad. I can't imagine what they went through.

Today is Memorial Day in the USA. It’s a day we set aside as a national holiday in memory of U.S. military service members who died while in service. Unlike Veteran’s Day – which is designed to honor veterans, living or dead, Memorial day is all about those who have gone on.

This being an international drum forum I will give thanks to ALL who gave their lives for their country. Peace.

Echo this. They are all heroes.

Thank G.... I hope the day was meaning ful. I have a hard time saying: Happy Memorial Day.

THANKS dad! very nice and profound message coming from you!
I fully agree civilians and soldiers and firemen - who gave their lives for their countries and people...Including the Unknown!

The little valiant
Flags appear

On every fallen
Soldier's grave

Symbol of what
Each died to save.

And we who see
And still have breath

Are we no wiser
For their death?

Happy memorial day, GD.

Nice end sentiment GD. We all get so caught up in our daily lives, it's all too easy to forget those that sacrificed theirs, so that we have the luxury to worry about largely insignificant things.

Back