Matt Cameron

I'm one of those guys who'd be really happy to see a Soundgarden reunion, so you get the picture up front.
Let me just say that Superunknown remains an album that I go back to time and again, for reasons much to do with MC.
I love his work with Soundgarden. I have listened to his work with Pearl Jam, but never on a sustained basis. I don't like the new PJ sound, with or without Matt. So...

Just finished listening to Superunknown.....its a shame he s with P.J. now, I mean good for him, but where's the Matt we grew to love, with the mind-bending tempos, and the furious licks that separated him from the other "drummers"?
Hope he is enjoying his time, if not then its just a shame.....I miss Soundgarden, Dammit!

Been learning "Mind Riot" all evening.

Did you know he counts 3's on the hi-hats before opening (half beat), and counts 4's on the rest of the drums during the verse? Just wow...

Well, if you need a quick SG fix, er... go to youtube and enter in TADgarden. They played a reunion show (of sorts) sans Cornell a couple months back. TAD handled the vocals (hence the name) and Tom Morello played guitar. It's pretty hilarious, but in a good way.

Anyone know what kind of hats Cameron used for Superunknown? Were they Z customs?

Matt Cameron is probably one of my favourite drummers, if not my favourite! And we have a days difference of a birthday! That's pretty rad I must say.

I remember hearing Rusty Cage once and I was like "That drumming is pretty sick!" and bought the album, also researched more about him. He is not only a good influence on drums, but also a good influence as a person! Such a nice guy. Just wish I could play like him. :(

One of my favorite drummers ever and a huge influence of mine, not that I can play anything like him! :) Love his playing on Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger and Superunknown. Great drum sounds, performance, musicality, aggression, and creativity in a rock setting. His playing is so tight, yet he grooves through odd times so well.

The only exposure I have from Matt Cameron is on Geddy Lee's "My Favorite Headache" CD, which is just amazing. It's one of the best headphone albums I own. The production is massive and deep.

His feel is way different than Neil Peart's though. :)

Cameron, in my estimation, is the best of the grunge era rock drummers. His cool, weird grooves, his sound, the intelligence of the work he's associated with combine to make him unmatched. I'll concede I wouldn't be saying this at all if I only knew his work with Pearl Jam. But behind the kit with Soundgarden, I believe his was simply one of the greater rock drummers of the last 25 years.

I'll concede I wouldn't be saying this at all if I only knew his work with Pearl Jam. But behind the kit with Soundgarden, I believe his was simply one of the greater rock drummers of the last 25 years.

His work with Pearl Jam (it's been almost 20 years now) is incredible. He's a force of nature.

Honestly, I think his work on the Temple of the Dog album was fantastic. I wasn't much of a Soundgarden fan but the deep solid grooves on Temple were inspiring at the time. I listened to that album again last week and came away just as impressed.

Cameron, in my estimation, is the best of the grunge era rock drummers. His cool, weird grooves, his sound, the intelligence of the work he's associated with combine to make him unmatched. I'll concede I wouldn't be saying this at all if I only knew his work with Pearl Jam. But behind the kit with Soundgarden, I believe his was simply one of the greater rock drummers of the last 25 years.

Agreed 100% - I still marvel at Soundgarden's work. I think he's one of the best players around - inventive, relaxed/at ease in odd times, wicked grooves...

He also played some of the tracks on Geddy Lee's solo album, and did a fantastic job. I really enjoy his drumming.

In the off chance Matt is ego-surfing and finds this thread....

Matt, we did an inventory a couple years back and came across this with your paperwork attached to it:

WMDlN9V.jpg

Was this one of yours in the mid-to-late 90's?

Back