dvd audio to mp3/mp4?

daredrummer

Gold Member
Does anyone know of a free program to convert dvd audio to mp3/mp4 (Or other common audio formats)? I have tried several programs to no avail.

Thanks.

I use Quicktime Player, Garageband, iTunes and Audacity to convert audio to mp3/mp4.
Garageband is best but you have to own a Mac to use it.

I use Quicktime Player, Garageband, iTunes and Audacity to convert audio to mp3/mp4.
Garageband is best but you have to own a Mac to use it.

Do you have to have all of those programs to do it? I don't have a gargeband but I do have another program that is the same thing (mixcraft 5)

At work I have to do this all the time and have a program called AVS Video Editor that works pretty well. I originally got it for free as a limited program. I recently upgraded to the unlimited version for a one time $70.00 fee. I think the free version, if it's still around, may do the trick for you though.

Just looked at your post again and realized that you said audio, not video. There is also an AVS audio converter that I downloaded. I honestly can't remember if I got that for free or not though. May want to google it and check it out and see if it meets your needs.

Does anyone know of a free program to convert dvd audio to mp3/mp4 (Or other common audio formats)? I have tried several programs to no avail.

Thanks.

I haven't tried any programs, but I do it old skool: my computer is connected to a small desktop audio mixer which then goes to my powered audio monitors. I always have the RCA outputs plugged into my Zoom H2 recorder to make a clean analog recording. The Zoom can record either WAV or mp3 formats so at that point I'm done. But I have a converter called "switch" which I found for free that will convert WAV and mp4 files into mp3s.

I should see if I can just transfer DVD audio off of a disc though.

Sorry for the late response, I've been pretty bust lately. I'll try the AVS Mary. Looks like it's free; whether it works or not will be another question.

Did some messing around tonight and found that what I had were VOB files. Then a search on VOB to MP3 brought up several other programs. I tried several and none worked, or had to be purchased. Finally I landed on this one, no where near the top of the search results.

Virtualdub - MPEG

I thought it was pretty ironic how all these fancy websites and downloaders didn't work, and then I come across this which is nothing but text and code, and it downloads the 30 minute video (the full thing this time) in about 10 minutes.

Great program if anyone is looking to convert VOB (I think there were a couple other DVD types as well) to MP3 or WAV.

For me the one and only free converter is MPEG Streamclip

Free for Mac and Windows:

http://www.squared5.com/

You can import there the Vob files from a DVD and export as DV, Quicktime, whatever and also as Audio...

Bernhard

Back