Baseball thread

Well...

to be perfectly honest, A-Fraud only told the truth because he was backed into a corner, after he lied to Katy Couric, on CBS News. And he saw the Maguire, Palmiero, Clemens, etc... attempts at lying which came back to bite them each where the sun don't shine.

I really can't find any sympathy for someone that's paid 40+ millon dollars a year, and thinks he has to cheat to stay in the game.

This steroid crap REALLY sucks, man! :-(

No matter what sport it is.

I repeat...

UGHHH....

OK, so now A Fraud is having health issues?? Is it because he's off the JUICE??

Did he have very little health issues for so long because he WAS on the juice for so long?

It is said it helps you get by injuries much quicker.

Massive FAIL!!

I'm so damned disappointed in him!! The only worse scenario would have been if he HAD ended up with the Red Sox.

Eh, another year, another Cubs choke. I know they will, they'll get to the playoffs (maybe) and blow it, if they don't before then.

C'mon man, cheer up!! Red Sox fans used to think that way too, so I feel your pain, but hopefully it's be a Red Sox - Cubs World Series!!

They can choke THEN of course!! L0L!!!

I'll be rooting for my White Sox, but they aren't anything special this year. Last year they barely made it. I got my life dose of the Whities in the 2005 World Series, which I can surely say I was happy.

But, I'm going to root for the Cubbies this year, 'less they play the Sox, of course.

It's really weird. You guys have no idea how small baseball is over here in the UK. I don't think I've ever seen an actual baseball pitch anywhere in this country, and I've never played the game. Is there a sport that's really big here that doesn't go on much over the pond? What about rugby? Mind you, America has "football" football, which is pretty similar to rugby I suppose.

AND SOCCER :D

It's really weird. You guys have no idea how small baseball is over here in the UK. I don't think I've ever seen an actual baseball pitch anywhere in this country, and I've never played the game. Is there a sport that's really big here that doesn't go on much over the pond? What about rugby? Mind you, America has "football" football, which is pretty similar to rugby I suppose.

AND SOCCER :D

Is there actually somewhere where soccer isn't big? Lol.

A big sport in the UK that isn't so much popular here? I don't know. Crickett?
I don't know what sports are popular in the UK, so I can't say.

Is there actually somewhere where soccer isn't big? Lol.

A big sport in the UK that isn't so much popular here? I don't know. Crickett?
I don't know what sports are popular in the UK, so I can't say.

Yeah Cricket is pretty big over here at certain times. What the golf scene like over there? Lol.

Hmm interesting. Golf seems to be a very very popular "activity" here, and as a sport, it has like 2 or 3 major televised events per year.

I enjoy other cultures. I want to go to America.

Sorry, waaaay off topic.

Uhhh...

Not to continue "off-topic" but, YES!

Golf is HUUUUGGGEEE here in the U.S.! Thanks to Mr. Woods. ;-)

Now...back to baseball.

Hmm interesting. Golf seems to be a very very popular "activity" here, and as a sport, it has like 2 or 3 major televised events per year.

I enjoy other cultures. I want to go to America.

Sorry, waaaay off topic.

We're actually not as bad as most sterotype us as, actually. America is actually a really nice place.

Anyway, any bets on who will make it to the playoffs this year?
The Cubs maybe, jst maybe could survive this season. But, probably choke in the first round.

It's still a little to early to tell, but, I just want to see peoples thoughts/opinions on who will be the team to beat this year.

We're actually not as bad as most sterotype us as, actually. America is actually a really nice place.

Anyway, any bets on who will make it to the playoffs this year?
The Cubs maybe, jst maybe could survive this season. But, probably choke in the first round.

It's still a little to early to tell, but, I just want to see peoples thoughts/opinions on who will be the team to beat this year.

Whats the Cubs rotation like past Zambrano and Harden? There going to get solid bats, especially if D-Lee stays healthy, I really like him.

I did not know there were so many great baseball fans on this forum.
Here is a picture I took after completion of Game 5 of the World Series. I still can't believe my Fightin' Phil's won the World Series.
IMG
IMG_0487.jpg

I like the Red Sox chances this year again, I think Tampa will come back down to earth and finish 3rd or 4th in the AL East. I love this time of year. Most people who don't get Baseball never will, most have to grow up with it to really appreciate it. I do wish it was more competitive though like the NFL is, maybe someday the Royals and Pirates will actually have a shot but I won't hold my breath. GO SOX!

I like the Red Sox chances this year again, I think Tampa will come back down to earth and finish 3rd or 4th in the AL East. I love this time of year. Most people who don't get Baseball never will, most have to grow up with it to really appreciate it. I do wish it was more competitive though like the NFL is, maybe someday the Royals and Pirates will actually have a shot but I won't hold my breath. GO SOX!
They'll need a cap to make it more competitive. Not necessarily a salary cap, but a team spending cap, kind of like the NFL.

Big market teams like the Yanks, Angels and Red Sox with the big budgets POTENTIALLY can get all the best players (though it seems to not always work out for the best as the Yankees have shown and just MIGHT show again this year).

It would make for more competition throughout the teams.

OK, the season is well under way and the teams are building up steam for a run!

I'm kind of stunned to see the Yankees and their playing this year, they're NOT playing up to potential, they have no bullpen and if they don't pull it together it's going to be a waste of 1.5 BILLION dollars in the building of the NEW Yankee Stadium.

Could they have maybe taken 1.5 BILLION and repaired the OLD Yankee Stadium over time? You know, the Stadium with ALL the important baseball karma ever made in the history of baseball? Where there were people actually IN the seats rooting for the home team? Seems like just last year the Yankees had FANS in the seats at MOST of the games at home. This year the epic rivalry of the Boston Red Sox vs the New York Yankees gets only a smattering of fans in the "House That Ruth Didn't Build".

Seems like EPIC FAIL to me! Even as a Red Sox fan I would like to see the Yankees do a LITTLE better than this.

Where will baseball be without Yankees Red Sox?

Congrats to the Tampa Bay Rays for again proving they are for real and not an aberration of luck. They will most likely see the post season again this year their present record not withstanding. They still give the Red Sox fits, that's for sure!!

I expect the Dodgers from the NL west to be a MAJOR problem in the post season now that Manny has to prove himself again. We'll see how long he can keep THAT up! I feel REALLY good that Jason Bay has come to Boston and be a positive force in the Red Sox lineup displacing the Cancer that was Manny. Too bad, Manny is probably the MOST gifted hitter in baseball, but he'll always find a way to drag the team down eventually. Hopefully for the Dodgers he'll last the two years I predict he has left before he retires to spend all of the ridiculous money he's made for himself, ON himself. Maybe he'll do the right thing for those remaining two years and play the game right and finish his career looking good.

OK baseball fans, what's YOUR take on all of this? Any added stuff from YOUR perspective?

LET'S TALK SOME BASEBALL!! It's what we drummers DO to relax before and after playing drums!!

attachment.php

Well as a diehard Red Sox fan I must admit I love seeing the Yankees struggle and waste money, and history tells me as it should any Sox fan that they will be right in the thick of it by the end of the season.

That new stadium is a joke, $2500 seats?? Are you kidding me did someone tell them there is a recession WTH?

Was watching Sox/Yankees game in Fenway (greatest park on the planet) a few weeks ago and Jeter hit a foul ball just over 1st base and this guy yells out "Hey thats a homerun in your park" LOL The whole section was cracking up...

I am pretty confident the Yanks will have to lower prices to get their real fans back in the seats.

Breaking News. Ha Ha. Manny Ramirez gets suspended for 50 games for using a banned substance. So long pay check.

Back