Chicks love cowbell

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I'm convinced. I've had numerous experiences with comments form the softer sex basically saying that when I play the cowbell, and not just me I'm sure....well they really like it, like, a lot. This weekend really nailed that sentiment home. This one girl was obsessed with me playing the cowbell. Like it was connected to her G spot or something lol. So that's it, chicks love cowbells.

Also, "more cowbell"...that could be the only drumming influenced modern catch phrase in the language. Can you name another?

Also, "more cowbell"...that could be the only drumming influenced modern catch phrase in the language. Can you name another?

more cowbells = more chicks

hula-girl.gif
hula-girl.gif
hula-girl.gif
hula-girl.gif

I haven't had a cowbell attached to my kit for a long time. Should probably fix that. There was a time when I had two different cow bells and a few different propane tanks to play with right next to them. That could be distractingly fun!

At least it's the correct plural form, haha.

What a pity I don't have a cowbell yet - time to change this.

Chicks even like it when chicks play cowbell. We played with another guitarist the other day and he brought his wife with him. She was pretty quiet until I hit the old cowbell. Then her eyes lit up and she wanted more cowbell songs! Lol.

This pretty much sums it up, from the Who won the Weckl/Colaiuta/Gadd drum-off? thread.

"Vinnie is probably the most awe inspiring to me personally. I'm convinced there is absolutely nothing the guy can't do and I could sit and watch the fireworks all day long. But when the Gadd-father goes to that cow bell groove? Forget about it!! It's a groove so thick I turn green with envy. It's also when the crowd seem to be the most vocal. I reckon that says something." - Pocket-full-of-gold

I don't know what it is about the cowbell tone....but it has an observable effect on certain people. I think the more prominent sounding you make the quarter note (generally speaking) the easier it is for people to latch on. People like to latch on to the beat, and the easier it is for them to do that, the better they like it.

I'm convinced. I've had numerous experiences with comments form the softer sex basically saying that when I play the cowbell, and not just me I'm sure....well they really like it, like, a lot. This weekend really nailed that sentiment home. This one girl was obsessed with me playing the cowbell. Like it was connected to her G spot or something lol. So that's it, chicks love cowbells.

Beat it? Stick it?....... Terry

I think you're stretching it a little there AZ lol.

I don't think I can recall many instances lately where I played cowbell to an empty dance floor.

I think you're stretching it a little there AZ lol.

I don't think I can recall many instances lately where I played cowbell to an empty dance floor.

So what songs in your setlist feature the cowbell anyway?

I've been with a blues band for a little bit now and haven't had the opportunity to bring it out yet. I was thinking if we did some of the same songs then I'll have to try to get my own little groupies...

Back