Vistalite Component Drum ?

Evilbagua

Silver Member
Does anyone know if it's possible to get just a new 26x14 ludwig vistalite bass drum? There component individual drums on their site list only 22x16 and 24x14.

No, You can't. I know because I just spoke with Ludiwg about this two days ago. 14 X 24 is as big as you can get.

It's odd you can't buy it as a component drum when they make that size for both Bonham kits...

I love Ludwig, but that doesn't mean I always understand them.

It's odd you can't buy it as a component drum when they make that size for both Bonham kits...

I love Ludwig, but that doesn't mean I always understand them.
That way you will buy the Bonham kits...............it's business 101.

I don't. like it either. I wanted a blue or clear 26 x 14. Bonham is and always will be my fav but I never liked the amber vista's, love the sizes just not the color.

Bonzolead

How about just ordering one from RCI

10-4

Order the 22X16 LUDWIG, then buy an RCI 26X14 and have it drilled for the LUDWIG parts. Switch the hardware over to whichever drum tickles your belly button from the inside at the moment.

How about just ordering one from RCI

10-4

Order the 22X16 LUDWIG, then buy an RCI 26X14 and have it drilled for the LUDWIG parts. Switch the hardware over to whichever drum tickles your belly button from the inside at the moment.

haha--or just use the hardware that comes with it. That would probably be simpler.

Simpler, but more expensive and the look would get you ticketed by the percussion division of the fashion police. You can buy raw acrylic shells.
I'd probably be thrown in jail. I prefer using a lot of different kinds of drums and cymbals. I'm tempted to eventually move to having no two drums or cymbals from the same manufacturer, although I do at least bow to normality slightly in that I like having similar finishes on the drums I'm using . . . I'm not sure if "similar" to me would be similar to everyone else, though, lol.

Thanks guys. I figured it was a no go. Now to decide what to blow my money on an RCI 26 or a 24 vista. Anyone know what the street price of just a 24 vista might be? I think it looks to be 800ish on the bay? Hmm Well I already have a 26x16 hardshell case :)

Thanks guys. I figured it was a no go. Now to decide what to blow my money on an RCI 26 or a 24 vista. Anyone know what the street price of just a 24 vista might be? I think it looks to be 800ish on the bay? Hmm Well I already have a 26x16 hardshell case :)
That would be cheaper than the RCI, which I think is at least $1200 . . . It would probably be at least that much from Spaun, etc. too. I think PorkPie is even more expensive than that. You could easily get either clear or blue from any one of them though.

Back