Anyone on here watch The Voice?

B_HALF19

A girl that I play with here in Louisville, KY is in the top 20. She's on Christina Aguilera's team and is performing tonight. Her name is Olivia Henken. Please check her out, she's a great singer!

If she wins, try and remain her drummer, eh? A buddy of mine (not a drummer) played with Alison Krauss
when she was 13 and helped nurture her performing through her teens. He ended up establishing a relationship where he became one of her songwriters.

Last edited:
Kat and Cole are both very good! I usually don't watch singing competition shows, so I don't know how good the talent normally is. But there are quite a few people that have impressed me from what I've seen.

I don't watch the show unless I happen to be standing near the TV when it's on. I happened to see her group performance last night. I thought she was really flat. The whole group was off but she really stuck out.

I don't watch the show unless I happen to be standing near the TV when it's on. I happened to see her group performance last night. I thought she was really flat. The whole group was off but she really stuck out.

Apparently everyone else thought so too, she didn't advance.
That kind of music really isn't her style though.

I'm sure your friend is a good singer, so it's unfortunate that her fate was determined by a genre she doesn't sing well. On top of that, bad signing around her probably brought her down as well.

Cee Lo's girl singer (I don't know any of their names) was lucky the public saved her by voting for her because she was horrible in that group sing as well. She was totally out of her element.

Apparently everyone else thought so too, she didn't advance.
That kind of music really isn't her style though.

I watch it....... My wife swears I have a man crush on Nate Morton...... I really like his drumming.The man can play anything and puts on a show doing it........ Terry

I watch it....... My wife swears I have a man crush on Nate Morton...... I really like his drumming.The man can play anything and puts on a show doing it........ Terry

I often find myself much more interested in his drumming than the singer performing. The whole band is very good.

Gee, for a moment I had my doubts about whether this is a drum forum. Thankfully the discussion turned to Nate Morton and the band. They are all such monster players. My colleagues and I always discuss the previous night's show. They all comment on how their favorite singers perform. I hit them with "Did you hear Nate's lick on <fill in the blank> song?" So many drummers with amazing chops throw these amazing licks just because. When Nate throws out those jaw-dropping licks, they always supports the song perfectly. Always. Love the musical choices he makes.

The house bands for these shows are incredible, the drummers especially.

I really enjoyed Nates playing on "We're an American Band" last night....... Adam did a respectable job on drums as well....... Terry

I really enjoyed Nates playing on "We're an American Band" last night....... Adam did a respectable job on drums as well....... Terry

Do you know what brand of acrylic kit Nate was playing? I couldn't figure it out... Don't think it was a Vistalite.

Adam had the better kit ... Ludwig black oyster pearl, probably a Legacy. Damn.

Do you know what brand of acrylic kit Nate was playing? I couldn't figure it out... Don't think it was a Vistalite.

Adam had the better kit ... Ludwig black oyster pearl, probably a Legacy. Damn.

I couldn't figure out Nate's kit either and I agree with you on the Ludwigs they fit the song to a tee........ Terry

Back