Rogers Silver Mist wrap

henrikrathje

Hi,

I have a Roger Big R kit 13,14,15,16,22 in Silver Mist ..
P1100328_opt-sm.JPG

LOOOVE it..

NOW my "problem": I recently got hold of 2 more drums: 12x8 and 24x14 Big R ..but in Black!

I would so love to recover them in Silver Mist, but even though I know quite a lot of drum wrap suppliers I have not been able to find this color anywhere :-(

If any of you guys have a tip on where to get this color (i think It might not be possible).. then please let me know!!

Thanks a lot!

- H

The 70's wraps are probably harder to find,not as in demand.Another option would be find a donor drum for the 12",Don't know where you are but there is a good amount of 70's rogers still floating around.

hey.. thanks for the input :)

I live in Denmark.. Yes the donor thing is a possible solution, and I have a spare 14"x10".. But it would only be nice enough if the donor drum had the same lug hole spacing I think ?
Another approach would be to wrap the silver drums in black. I just love the silver more..
But thanks for the input.!

Nice set!

Is that first floor tom suspended from the stand you ride is on? If so, could I see some pics of that stand?
I have a 14x14 mounted tom that I'd like to use as a floor tom, but haven't had luck finding a floor stand to hang it from. (If anybody has one for sale....)

If you prefer, you could email them to the address in my profile.
Thanks.

You might want to post over on the Rogers owners forum - lots of knowledgeable folks over there too.

Nice set!

Is that first floor tom suspended from the stand you ride is on? If so, could I see some pics of that stand?
I have a 14x14 mounted tom that I'd like to use as a floor tom, but haven't had luck finding a floor stand to hang it from. (If anybody has one for sale....)

If you prefer, you could email them to the address in my profile.
Thanks.

You might want to post over on the Rogers owners forum - lots of knowledgeable folks over there too.

Hi!

thanks! :).. yeah it's shaped up pretty good.. it was a MESS when I bought it a few months ago.
The 13 + 15 were concert toms.. and the bottom re-rings were torn and split form the shells.. took a LOT of work to get them in this condition. And expensive to get original spare lugs! I had to recut all bearing edges too... but the result is awesome.. best rock kit i ever had.. and I've had a few ;-).. only have 5 different kits at the moment, but this is my main kit right now :)

Yes the 15x12 is suspended.. simply on a standard clamp.. with the original tom arm..the best pic i have at the moment is this
P1100326_opt.JPG

don't know if you can kind of see it?

And thank you for the Rogers owners tip!.. I did not know that place :)! I will try there too!

WOW.

That is a great kit. Super job!

Along with the Rogers forum, I'd try contacting Roy Burns and see if he knows the name of th company that supplied Rogers with the finish.
He was an endorser for many years, but was also a product/design consultant.

He might have some info you could use.

Good luck!

.the best pic i have at the moment is this
don't know if you can kind of see it?

That'a perfect - thanks. I was thinking I needed an entire Rogers stand, but all I need is the actual arm itself - those are much easier to find!
I have one of those Pearl clamps already. I do think I'll need a pretty beefy cymbal stand to hold it though.

On the Rogers forum, look through the Manufacturing sub forum and maybe send a message to the user "Rogers Past" - that's John Cermanaro, who was the head of Rogers R&D in the 80's.

That'a perfect - thanks. I was thinking I needed an entire Rogers stand, but all I need is the actual arm itself - those are much easier to find!
I have one of those Pearl clamps already. I do think I'll need a pretty beefy cymbal stand to hold it though.

On the Rogers forum, look through the Manufacturing sub forum and maybe send a message to the user "Rogers Past" - that's John Cermanaro, who was the head of Rogers R&D in the 80's.

yes!.. you need at least one with doublke braced legs.. preferably a Yamaha or Rogers (which is actually similar!) like i have..super stable.. but heavy!

thanks for the tip man!!

Dont strip those black drums. sell them.

Ebay the Silver mist pieces you want.

The Wrap is NOT AVAILABLE.

My Kit
2891419680028342110S600x600Q85.jpg

noooooo... I won't sell them.. I'll just create 2 kits ;).. Rogers are VERY hard to find in Denmark.. and they are NOT cheap IF you find them !

eBay yes.. I've been searching ebay for 3/4 year now..unfortunately nothing has come up.. EXCEPT a few weeks ago when I was in Italy on vacation.. just that period there was a 12x8 in silver mist that got sold under my nose..&¤"&¤!&¤!! :(

I know it's gonne be close to impossible.. :(

WOW.

That is a great kit. Super job!

Along with the Rogers forum, I'd try contacting Roy Burns and see if he knows the name of th company that supplied Rogers with the finish.
He was an endorser for many years, but was also a product/design consultant.

He might have some info you could use.

Good luck!

Wow, I'm really impressed with all these cool tips!.. thank you!

Yes the kit has turned out pretty good.. I don't have a "before" pic, but you would really be amazed.. it was in BAAAAAD shape.

By the way.. if I had a 14x14 tom, I would definitely use a RIMS FT kit and use it like that!.. but maybe RIMS FT kits are not your preferred way?

That's a beautiful kit (both of them!)

I used to lust for a Rogers Londoner 5 back in the late '70s after getting Thin Lizzy's "Live and Dangerous" album. A store near me at the time had a silver mist Londoner 5, but dammit, the salesman sold my parents a Tama kit (that dang newbie upstart!).

Enjoy those tubs!

That's a beautiful kit (both of them!)

I used to lust for a Rogers Londoner 5 back in the late '70s after getting Thin Lizzy's "Live and Dangerous" album. A store near me at the time had a silver mist Londoner 5, but dammit, the salesman sold my parents a Tama kit (that dang newbie upstart!).

Enjoy those tubs!

haha.. sorry about that.. good salesman though.. he probably made a larger comission on the Tama's ;-)

and thank you.,. I enjoy them every time I sit down behind them :)

haha.. sorry about that.. good salesman though.. he probably made a larger comission on the Tama's ;-)

and thank you.,. I enjoy them every time I sit down behind them :)

Yeah, he probably did. That was right around the time Rogers was beginning to debut their "student" lines and was losing more and more market share due to everyone stealing their hardware designs. That time in the late '70s to early '80s was a sad time for U.S. drum companies - Tama, Yamaha, and Pearl started making really good stuff and the U.S. just couldn't keep up. If it wasn't for the words "Vintage" and "Harley Davidson", the U.S. may never have come back!

Yeah, he probably did. That was right around the time Rogers was beginning to debut their "student" lines and was losing more and more market share due to everyone stealing their hardware designs. That time in the late '70s to early '80s was a sad time for U.S. drum companies - Tama, Yamaha, and Pearl started making really good stuff and the U.S. just couldn't keep up. If it wasn't for the words "Vintage" and "Harley Davidson", the U.S. may never have come back!

yeah.. You,re right.. Especially when talking about stealing their hardware design!.. Memriloc we're light years ahead of the japanese!.. but also DW stole quite a few ideas I think. sad.. Rogers 70's hardware is still today almost as advanced as the newest DW or Yamaha stuff!

Back