Yes it can be done! (Steve Gadd video)

Hey all,

Just wanted to point out this cool little 2 minute snippet of Steve Gadd playing back in the day (1976). Very cool. If you notice, this was before he began playing for Yamaha, and I think he's playing a chromed Ludwig 5-piece. The shocking thing is how good his drums still sound with the white silver-dot ludwig heads that were popular in the day. He's even using one on his (what looks like a) 6.5x14 Supraphonic!

I see stuff like this and I question my quest for better drums to play sometimes....

Sure... but that doesn't change the fact that lusting after and even agonizing over gear can be just plain effing fun. Good playing and the quest for "the right gear" don't have to be mutually exclusive concepts.

Crazy playing in that clip, though. Wish I could buy those chops.

Sure... but that doesn't change the fact that lusting after and even agonizing over gear can be just plain effing fun. Good playing and the quest for "the right gear" don't have to be mutually exclusive concepts.

Crazy playing in that clip, though. Wish I could buy those chops.

I agree. We drummers tend to have this streak of masochism most times. Regarding buying those chops, considering the amount of Internet drum teachers, I'm sure at least one of them believes they can sell them to you ;)

Back